Author Topic: Disable cross country messages/talk  (Read 1270 times)

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
Re: Disable cross country messages/talk
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 03:40:28 PM »
If I remember correctly, Hitech said it had to do with the social interaction as the numbers increased. He felt that the larger numbers were making it harder for a new player to feel part of the group. Feeling left out they didn't stay active/involved as long and so left/logged.

We had the same issues in the Navy. Guys on destroyers knew everyone on board, while guys like me stationed on a carrier knew the guys in our dept at most. Splitting the arenas got us back down to "destroyer" size again.

Hmm, that does make things clearer.

How to make it more welcoming when you have soo many people?

Probably would need a whole section of the business to deal with that.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 05:51:26 PM »
I look at it like this...Either you can play the game or not...This game isn't for everyone...It isn't fair...Nothing about this game is fair...It's dirty, underhanded,sneaky,vile...It's a freaking war game...And honestly...It doesn't need ANYMORE SNOWFLAKES...

Either you can play it or not...Trying to come up with all these different ideas to make this an all inclusive...Don't trigger me...Make the game fair stuff is....Well....Crap

I help new guys all the time...All of the squadron leaders help new guys...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 06:06:13 PM »
hitech said back when he split the Main Arena (Melee Arena) in to 2 MAs, was because the more you have in one pond (arena) tends to start turning into a big old cesspool... and if any of you long time players remember, that was starting to happen....

That was one of the main reasons that HTC split the MA into 2, then HTC realized that it kept squaddies from being able to fly together as a complete group  because 1 arena would fill up and 2 to 3 or more of a squad weren't able to meet up with the rest that had already gotten in and refused to switch in mass to fly as a complete squad albeit in a different arena.....this is one of the reasons it didn't last very long...

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 02:00:39 AM »
While I have no problem with cross country chat and text I dont think a player from another chess piece should be able to tune his vox to you and rant in your ear simply because they were shot down!

I had this happen years ago and it caused me to stop flying in the main arena,I have other reasons but it was the last straw for me.
This is something that should be dealt with IMHO. In country attitude towards new names seems very friendly and some do a lot to help new players while playing themselves but enemy attitude (maybe known loudmouths) towards new or unknown names seems different. Angry private messages make me laugh and so would ranting into my ear for some time, but seems to throw off enough people to be taken into consideration.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 04:31:17 AM »
It would be nice if you could opt out of unsolicited vox.  People shouldn't be able to invade your ears just because they're angry.

Wiley.

Yeah, I'm honestly not sure why that is a thing. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 05:57:14 AM »
.vsquelch playername is your buddy.  Stops VOX from playername.

Also .report playername and a note to us has a chance of stopping it completely, for everyone.  Of course, a film of the conversation is the best as the server cannot record voice conversations, yet.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:59:29 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2017, 08:47:38 AM »
and 200/cross country chat can be and is for me another source of entertainment.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.