Author Topic: Helmets  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Helmets
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 11:43:10 AM »
The 'Flying Tiger' certainly looks great :)

One minus point for me: as I commute daily in all kinds of weather, I would immediately switch the visor for a clear visor (dark visors are dangerous IMO when riding through a tunnel or whenever the light conditions decrease) equipped with a true anti-fog system similar to Pinlock.

He's going with the "Transitions" visor.  they are clear at night, no tint at all, and then they get darker depending how bright the sunlight is, they work very quickly too, about 15 seconds from clear to full tint so it changes as you ride.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 12:41:43 PM »
I tried those and got rid of them as soon as I went through a tunnel.

First time was during the day, it was a bit unnerving when I could not see anything in the tunnel for a few seconds.

Bu that was nothing when I came back through that tunnel at night and it was brightly lit inside.  I came out of it not being able to see anything and almost hit a deer.

Took that off, right then and there and rode without.  Luckily I was behind a fairing so it was not too bad.  The convenience is not worth what can happen, that one moment where you are blind.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:43:14 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 01:29:42 PM »
OK.  If you had on a tinted visor it would have been to dark for the tunnel Skuzzy.  If you had on a clear visor you would have blinded by the sunlight when you came out of the tunnel anyway.

I've never ridden through a tunnel with mine on.

Do you ride with a tinted or clear visor sir?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 01:32:51 PM »
It was a transitions visor and have since put the clear one back on, with a bill.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Spitter

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 01:05:21 AM »
Does anyone have experience using bluetooth helmets?
I trail ride on atv's weekly, and sometimes daily, and am looking to purchase a new hemet with bluetooth capabilities so that I can listen to music/answer calls while riding.
Bilt has the "Techno 2.0" hemet out and i like it but im wondering zbout sound quality...

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones/se-earphones/se315-sound-isolating-earphones

these are amazing for riding.. dunno about answering your phone.. but their sound is great and noise isolation is perfect..
- TWBYDHAS

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 11:53:51 AM »
Thanks for the consideration kappa,
 I use a set of skullcandy bluetooth earbuds now and they are great. Im looking for a helmet that offers built in bluetooth capability so i can get away from the ear buds completely.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 10:51:46 PM »
I like it.

Mine has just stickers. Bullet holes, skull, and a fist flipping the finger.

Next one has all firefly related stuff on it,  but I doubt I'll use it.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac