Author Topic: CV, BB and LVT land and spawn distance.  (Read 509 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
CV, BB and LVT land and spawn distance.
« on: August 30, 2017, 02:20:06 PM »
Now that I have to setup an arena full of fields to protect themselves from CV\BB assault. I realized two distances I never bothered to learn are important to setting the PT spawns.

1. - Minimum distance to land a CV\BB can travel along side the shore.
2. - Maximum distance LVT can be launched at a shore.
3. - Which PT spawn defaults to the HOME key on the direction pad from a none port field? At the port it spawns into the ship docks under the tower.
4. - For some testing I have to do on three of those clover leaf islands - Runway at 500ft, B29 50% fuel, full bomb load. Can it clear a 1300ft obstacle 4 miles from the runway?

I have to account for 9 task groups running loose in all of those channels. The shore batteries are easy to understand, 2-3 for every shore line field, most are on the water on this terrain. PT spawns are interesting in that I've seen them between 3-8 miles long and up to 4 out of different bases. CraterMA comes to mind for multiples with long spawn points from land. For any aspiring new terrain builders, when your first inspiration comes to mind to over saturate something like this with PT spawns to make life miserable for task groups. And protect your future fields from being captured. Divide that by half and you will get much closer to a realistic number that will create a balanced fight for everyone involved. The primary goal is to invite players to attack feilds and create activity for everyone involved. At some time we will all be attackers and defenders.

Master 1:1 blue print map, base number and GV spawns.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
Re: CV, BB and LVT land and spawn distance.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 06:54:46 PM »
bustr,

Back in AH II, we ran tests for weeks trying to figure out LVT Spawn distances ... Our conclusion was that its based on FM (fluff'n Magic).

Sorry I cant help on this one.

- Rodent57
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: CV, BB and LVT land and spawn distance.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 05:39:57 PM »
Just a few more things I get to test.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.