Author Topic: B5N on the front page looks pretty slick!  (Read 827 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: B5N on the front page looks pretty slick!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 05:09:47 PM »
Guys, it's all a lie.  In truth, we are getting a navy version (paper plane) of the B-52!

BN52 "Kate" Sneak Peek

It just happens to have the same nickname.  :P
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 07:05:15 PM »
They look updated to me? Or you talking about how they work?

How they work - drop altitudes and drop speeds.   We are very much in the "early war" torpedo section, where the arena itself is very much late war.  Late war torpedoes added things like breakway cones and tail assemblies that let you drop them from a much higher altitude at a much higher speed.  Having updated launch parameters might get more people making torpedo attacks, and have the torpedo attacks being an actual threat instead of a turkey shoot for the defense. 

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 08:47:21 AM »
They work correctly and are time-appropriate, same as any other plane in the game.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 08:38:56 PM »
Looks as if there is a design issue with the rear gun. From what I have found in Japanese magazines & books the rear gun was not a fixed gun mounted on a single point. It was on a rail with roller bearings and has far more motion than what we have in game now.

Doing a quick translation of just two of the angles called out.

As of right now we have Zero downward ability. Plus a bunch more translating to see what all the angles listed are for.  :aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 07:52:37 AM »
Theoretically it could flex more but at a certain point you couldn't aim down the way it was pointed.

You'll find that Aces High simplifies such gimbles often by giving the gun position a fixed mount but with a wider range of movement than that fixed mount would have to compensate for the likely range of motion. For example: The He111 gondola guns and the dorsal position.

This is to reduce complexity. I believe HT or Skuzzy has said before they COULD make it very complicated giving one set of controls to turn/rotate the run, one set to lift/raise the second ring, a third set to slide a gun position around the second ring, and then mouse/joystick to actually aim it there. The general response was that was super complicated, time consuming, and nobody would use it. They simplified the graphics to get the same practical effect.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 11:11:14 AM »
Theoretically it could flex more but at a certain point you couldn't aim down the way it was pointed.

You'll find that Aces High simplifies such gimbles often by giving the gun position a fixed mount but with a wider range of movement than that fixed mount would have to compensate for the likely range of motion. For example: The He111 gondola guns and the dorsal position.

This is to reduce complexity. I believe HT or Skuzzy has said before they COULD make it very complicated giving one set of controls to turn/rotate the run, one set to lift/raise the second ring, a third set to slide a gun position around the second ring, and then mouse/joystick to actually aim it there. The general response was that was super complicated, time consuming, and nobody would use it. They simplified the graphics to get the same practical effect.

Yep, and the Ki-67 rear turret is the same - simplified design. There is a huge thread in the Aircraft and Vehicles subform that goes into depth on this.  You could spin the Ki-67 tail cannons horizontal bar to give yourself a better firing position at odd angles...the one in game is kinda limited.  It's the trade-off for simplistic functionality versus complex turret design - and like Krusty-cream said, no one would use it. :P

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:12:56 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 01:36:14 AM »
Yep, and the Ki-67 rear turret is the same - simplified design. There is a huge thread in the Aircraft and Vehicles subform that goes into depth on this.  You could spin the Ki-67 tail cannons horizontal bar to give yourself a better firing position at odd angles...the one in game is kinda limited.  It's the trade-off for simplistic functionality versus complex turret design - and like Krusty-cream said, no one would use it. :P

Seems strange to me that nearly every Axis bomber since AHI,has not the ability to defend its self to the manufacturers design.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 01:40:25 AM »

The German perk ride tanks the changes made to the commanders machine gun to rotate is not that complicated.
Maybe the perk status was the reason they did that?

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 06:40:55 PM »
Well done HTC, thanks!

The 6 little bombs made it fun de-acker when I tried it. I level bombed the first 2 and dive bombed the rest.

Does anyone know why at least one rifle caliber forward facing gun wasn't installed?
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 07:43:51 PM »
I suspect the B5N2 is modeled and not the 'inferior' B5N1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakajima_B5N