Author Topic: Ki-61 Action in Rabaul Frame 2  (Read 604 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Ki-61 Action in Rabaul Frame 2
« on: November 05, 2017, 04:24:56 PM »

The spot where I said I had 1 fps, well I did. It recorded more FPS than I actually saw. I had a slide show going for the close-in attacks, BUT, I held down the trigger and kept going through.

https://youtu.be/vZuuhaFifoo

Enjoy!

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
Re: Ki-61 Action in Rabaul Frame 2
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 09:11:56 PM »

Enjoy!

I did, thanks for putting it up!  You really press in close on your buff attacks.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 09:25:53 PM »
I missed a lot with my 20mms in frame 1 because I was out of practice on these guns with their ballistics. Blew half my rounds with no kill in one case. This time I was being a lot more careful and I think I got better results, if less kills. Nice clusters of hits on the inner left wing root and so forth. Didn't really set anybody on fire -- come to think of it I don't recall seeing ANY flame trails.

Did HTC stealth nerf the fuel tank fires on B-24s?

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 08:41:05 PM »
I habitually go for wing roots on B-24's because they're easy to light.....but not sure I've shot them enough recently to notice a change in the model.  I've been mainly flying Ki-84 in the arena to practice for Rabaul....but feel like I am still having trouble getting used to the combination of the sight & ballistics.  Seems I miss too much, although the Ho-5's on the 84 I think are higher velocity and higher rate of fire than the Type 99's on the 61.  I blew all my ammo in a fight in the MA with a A6M2, who kept giving me good shot opportunities...I kept just missing him mostly, and finally cut his tail off with the last of my MG ammo...am often feeling like I'm shooting just over or just under, or barely hitting wing tips, especially on crossing shots.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 10:13:45 AM »
The drop rate on the cannons, even though centerline, tends to put the hits just below the target reticle, especially on trailing shots.  I had to get used to thinking that I'm aiming in front of the plane and dropping the rounds on it.  A lot of times, the target is out of view when I'm getting my best hits.

"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 05:41:50 PM »
 :rofl
The drop rate on the cannons, even though centerline, tends to put the hits just below the target reticle, especially on trailing shots.  I had to get used to thinking that I'm aiming in front of the plane and dropping the rounds on it.  A lot of times, the target is out of view when I'm getting my best hits.

Okay, going to have to lead more/think about lobbing more.  What do you use for convergence Wilbur?  I set mine at 300.  Thanks!

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 10:52:45 PM »
225 on the cannons.  I normally do 300 on the MG's but moved them to 375 for the frame.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"