Author Topic: How do I fire rockets  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Nixa

• Zinc Member
How do I fire rockets
« on: December 17, 2017, 11:34:45 AM »
Hello everyone

I'm new to the game and I'm trying to get my joystick sorted out. It's a t.16000 with throttle and rudder pedals.
I cannot figure out how to A fire rockets or B drop bombs. The trigger fires the machine guns but how do I assign a button to fire just the rockets of drop the bombs.
Im learning to fly the p51 with just the normal load out. and I thought it had some rockets 1 or 2 bombs and the machine guns.
I just do not see any where to assign rockets to a button. what am I missing.

Thank's Nixa

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Re: How do I fire rockets
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 11:41:37 AM »
Hi Nixa, welcome to Aces High!

First you need to select your bomb/rockets you can do this by hitting "select secondary" by default this is the backspace key.

Next when you want to drop your bomb or fire a rocket you need to hit the secondary fire button. I do not know what the default is but make sure you put it on your joystick.

Oke next there are situations you want to drop all you bombs at the same time or fire all your rockets at the same time. You can set the amount by typing .salvo 1 in your radio box for firing 1 rocket or 1 bomb. If you want more to be dropped or fired increase the number. When flying a bomber this is very helpful as well.

If your ever need help ingame feel free to pm me or when you want to fly with some one!

I hope this helped.

DutchVII  :salute
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:43:33 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 11:46:34 AM »
You use the backspace key to cycle through weapons,"B" to fire secondary weapons. F key fires primary weapons,B for secondary(bombs,rockets and cannons) and N fires all.

Oh and if equiped with a drop tank,backspace to cycle to DT and then secondary fire to jettison the tank.

Hope that helps and I'm usually in the training arena most week nights between 9 pm and 11 pm est and would be happy to answer and questions in person!

:salute

PS: thx Dutch!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 12:15:11 PM »
Hi Nixa, welcome to Aces High!

Just want to make sure you know you'll have to load rockets and or bombs on your aircraft by selecting them in the hangar.  I think the normal loadout for fighters is a clean configuration with no external weapons stores.

Have fun!

Offline Nixa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 04:19:35 PM »
Ok. I figured it out.

Thanks Nixa

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 04:50:03 PM »
Nixa,

The things mentioned before all apply.  If you are in a pt boat and have loaded torpedoes and rockets, you must be in the #1 position to fire your torpedoes.  To fire the rockets, you go to the #7 position, then hit  O to open the rocket launcher, then use your trigger to fire a rocket.  Use your joystick to elevate or lower the launcher for distance.  I believe a salvo of one is default for these positions, but you can change that by typing in your text  .salvo # and hit enter.  You will see your command in the text buffer after you hit enter in orange text I believe.
 Also, when you change your salvo # in planes, it will stay at that salvo # until you change it back.  Not sure if it does the same in vehicles, but I imagine it does.  If you need any help in the game and see me on "1ijac", feel free to holler at me and I would be happy to give you some help.  I fly for the Rooks.  Welcome to Aces High!    :)

one-eye 
"One-Eye"

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 10:24:33 AM »
Welcome Nixa...   :salute

in-game your chess piece country-mates should be willing to help you out too. don't be afraid to speak up in-game too!

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life