Author Topic: Pistol addicts...  (Read 568 times)

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Pistol addicts...
« on: January 22, 2018, 02:36:18 PM »
Well I am sure it isn't listed under goverment health warning but I am a pistol addict. Yes I have been know to hide ammo. If i see ammo laying around temptation kicks in and I will eat it all up in one binge range day.

I couldn't control myself and picked up my race gun from a friend that took it away from me for my own good. Its sitting in my range bag calling my name with 10 mags full to the brim.

Btw I highly recommend GPS range bags. One of the only companies building bags that are for shooters not a tactical elite, black bag. I have a hard time at public ranges looking at today's shooters that want to look like their some delta force team driving up in a Kia.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pistol addicts...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:00:24 PM »
I have a hard time at public ranges looking at today's shooters that want to look like their some delta force team driving up in a Kia.

Heh.  Agreed.  And the camo pants, sunglasses and human silhouette targets...

Oy.

- oldman

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 04:34:54 PM »
But But.....the guy at academy said thats what all the cool kids carry :)
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 07:14:22 PM »
This bag fits four pistols with everything needed for a full day. Anyone want to buy a shopping bag full of pistol cases?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BEw8pXXbKhZodtNvB-XWdPeaoIIomu5K
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:47:03 PM by FX1 »

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 10:11:58 PM »

Heh.  Agreed.  And the camo pants, sunglasses and human silhouette targets...

Oy.

- oldman

Some of my eye protection happens to be tinted, a very useful pair of pants are camp pattern and I shoot to practice for self-defense so shooting a target that resembles the threat isn't a bad idea. 

But I understand what you mean, the wannabes are a bit much sometimes.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Nypsy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 06:34:57 AM »
The only time I shoot now is when I visit my daughter up in Long Lake NY. We go to the local outdoor range and always have the place to ourselves. No clowns to be seen for miles.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 09:02:14 AM »
I have a full steel range and it's kinda hard to cut at 500 steel into human torso. A more usefully figure for me would be a pig or coyote popper.

Got borred last night and went down the street to a indoor range. My plan was to sit down and zero all my pistol and make sure my 300 wby was on for a upcoming audad hunt. I got two pistols zeroed. Then didn't try the 300 because 8 out of the 10 lanes guys were blasting ar 15 with target from 5 yards to 25 yards. Kinda hard to do precision shooting in those conditions.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 10:14:59 AM »
The last time I went to a range it was an indoor range. There were only 2 of us in there with an empty lane between us. This guy probably had $5000 in guns sitting on the bench in front of him. I left when I noticed extra holes in my target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 03:25:24 PM »
The last time I went to a range it was an indoor range. There were only 2 of us in there with an empty lane between us. This guy probably had $5000 in guns sitting on the bench in front of him. I left when I noticed extra holes in my target.

:furious YEP...some people. The range where I took my CCP class had "Cubicle" like partition walls between benches(most probably do,only been to this one). BUT...upon seeing all the bullet holes in the bench top,the side partitions, the ceiling(right above shooting bench) and just about every place else THAT WAS NOT a target area.....Yea, back yard is all I need :bolt:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 06:56:29 PM »
This place had shotgun wads stuck in the ceiling.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 04:07:29 AM »
This place had shotgun wads stuck in the ceiling.

You WIN LOL :uhoh   That is a new one, Sir!  I still have a hard time believing some folk have never even fired a gun! Just hard to wrap my head around that! Those folk are missing out on some GREAT TIMES!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 03:16:52 PM »
Well I am sure it isn't listed under goverment health warning but I am a pistol addict. Yes I have been know to hide ammo. If i see ammo laying around temptation kicks in and I will eat it all up in one binge range day.

I couldn't control myself and picked up my race gun from a friend that took it away from me for my own good. Its sitting in my range bag calling my name with 10 mags full to the brim.

Btw I highly recommend GPS range bags. One of the only companies building bags that are for shooters not a tactical elite, black bag. I have a hard time at public ranges looking at today's shooters that want to look like their some delta force team driving up in a Kia.

I have the exact same bag. I can get 16 -1911 mags in the side, 4-Walther P38 mags, and 4-CZ75 mags plus 4 flat-box 100 rd ammo boxes in it and still carry two firearms protected on the inside (*plus one on my person)
The bag is A LOT bigger in person than this pic depicts.

I carry a backpack for the targets, ear protect, glasses, and tools too.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:18:58 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 04:26:33 PM »
I have a full steel range and it's kinda hard to cut at 500 steel into human torso. A more usefully figure for me would be a pig or coyote popper.

Got borred last night and went down the street to a indoor range. My plan was to sit down and zero all my pistol and make sure my 300 wby was on for a upcoming audad hunt. I got two pistols zeroed. Then didn't try the 300 because 8 out of the 10 lanes guys were blasting ar 15 with target from 5 yards to 25 yards. Kinda hard to do precision shooting in those conditions.

We cut upper human torso on our Laser. This sits in two Y stands that we cut for supporting the torso. Depending on what you are shooting at it, it may rock or be penetrated. Works great out in the pasture.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 07:56:32 PM »
Most of mine are on home built stands. Easy to move and set up. I did make a Flipper which has a 4 inch square ar 500 on top 5 inch bottom then a 3 feet rod connecting both. The base as a rod that connects the feet and a bearing that attaches to the plate rod.

Its my favorite target and a bastard to make it flip. Each shot needs to be shot on the back swing and if you just shoot the bottom it will not flip. I can flip it with 6 shots with a 45.

One problem is that if you don't time it correctly there's a possibility of splash back. Eye protection is a must.

I like it so much that we made a small one for centerfire rifles. With a bolt gun you need to be quick....

Same idea but mine are larger and weight in at 150lbs.

https://www.atlastargetworks.com/collections/ar500-steel-reactive-targets/products/ar500-spinner