Author Topic: colorized panther. thoughts?  (Read 571 times)

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
colorized panther. thoughts?
« on: February 08, 2018, 01:06:13 PM »
colorized panther what are your thoughts on it guys?

http://i.imgur.com/xvGpkcl.jpg

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: colorized panther. thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 11:39:32 PM »
colorized panther what are your thoughts on it guys?

http://i.imgur.com/xvGpkcl.jpg
(Image removed from quote.)

Seen different colourized versions of this tank and there is also another photo of it.

Not sure if I had a taker on this one.  :headscratch:

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 11:32:13 AM »
very cool

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 12:10:30 PM »
The first colorized looks like the person running the app chose the blue of the open sky and the yellow of the rapeseed flowers in that field as known values. The second used a different process which ended up translating blue as gray, possibly keying off a brown.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 02:18:50 PM »
The first colorized looks like the person running the app chose the blue of the open sky and the yellow of the rapeseed flowers in that field as known values. The second used a different process which ended up translating blue as gray, possibly keying off a brown.

Which would you consider a more accurate depiction?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 11:51:35 AM »
I would go with the first one becasue of the sky and the rapeseed blossoms keyed for blue and green are very accurate at least to modern digital photography results. The second one by turning a blue sky gray blue and dominant on brown and black has too much gray. It looks like early colorization while the second looks like a newer digital program which means more technological linage in translating grayscale photography.

Once you see a field of "yellow" rapeseed flowers under a "blue" sky in real life, you will understand my choice.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.