Author Topic: Twitch  (Read 1745 times)

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
Re: Twitch
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2018, 05:54:04 PM »
I post on the support forums for OBS all the time, so if any of you guys have an issue that no one picked up on there, pm me here and I'll take a look.

I really hate that people have to think about that as streaming seems to be a fun thing/good advertising.  Would it lose much if you just posted it after FSO was over, like on a 3 hour delay?  Keeping the radio box offscreen seems like a good idea too.

The following only applies if you're using OBS to stream, but I'm pretty sure OBS still limits you to a 900 second (15 minute) delay.  I asked for a longer delay years ago but the main developer couldn't comprehend my reasons for wanting it.  So assuming that's still the case (I haven't attempted to use a long delay in many versions now), you'd be better off just recording the video to your hard drive and uploading it as a file later (to Twitch, or YouTube).

There was a previous discussion on stream-sniping / scenario streaming here: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,378775.0.html that is a good read.  In the past 2 years, things have evolved further and Twitch isn't nearly so niche anymore.  I personally think each commander should ban his side from live-streaming the event, and perhaps some neutral admin players could stream it instead in such a way to be sure not to give anything away.  Set it up like sports announcers with live-lookins (ala NASCAR), but don't bring up anything tactical or strategic that only one side can see... public info only.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline pope14

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2018, 07:26:50 PM »
There was a previous discussion on stream-sniping / scenario streaming here: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,378775.0.html that is a good read.  In the past 2 years, things have evolved further and Twitch isn't nearly so niche anymore.  I personally think each commander should ban his side from live-streaming the event, and perhaps some neutral admin players could stream it instead in such a way to be sure not to give anything away.  Set it up like sports announcers with live-lookins (ala NASCAR), but don't bring up anything tactical or strategic that only one side can see... public info only.

Would like to see this they could show major air combat or bases being hit with a 5-10 min delay and talk about the real battle or planes during the down time.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 10:25:20 AM »
Followed all you guys.  :aok

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2018, 02:39:24 PM »
I post on the support forums for OBS all the time, so if any of you guys have an issue that no one picked up on there, pm me here and I'll take a look.

The following only applies if you're using OBS to stream, but I'm pretty sure OBS still limits you to a 900 second (15 minute) delay.  I asked for a longer delay years ago but the main developer couldn't comprehend my reasons for wanting it.  So assuming that's still the case (I haven't attempted to use a long delay in many versions now), you'd be better off just recording the video to your hard drive and uploading it as a file later (to Twitch, or YouTube).

I decided to try streaming FSO last frame. I covered the chat buffer, barely brought up the clipboard map, and had a 5 minute delay. IMO that delay was plenty sufficient given the setup we are running this month. Action is quick and getting info 5 minutes after real time is practically useless. I could see it being a problem in a traditional 8th AF vs Luft setup where you are on a specific course for the better half of an hour or more.

Next frame I may drop it down to 3 minutes.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com