Author Topic: Objects cut off?  (Read 912 times)

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
Objects cut off?
« on: September 04, 2001, 09:08:00 AM »
Why?

I have a test terrain with NO elevations at all. That is, the entire terain is 0ft alt.

So, why do I get this? See below

Sky Viper
XO No. 54 Squadron

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
Objects cut off?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2001, 03:04:00 PM »
In addition to all elevation points on the tile (5 of them) being set to same height you can't cross a tile grid line with objects or groups or you get clipping.

When you place objects or groups in the editor turn on the gridlines and use the move command to place them inside the lines to avoid this problem.

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
Objects cut off?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2001, 08:05:00 PM »
THANKS jihad!

OK, so I got that one fixed (well in one case, but now I know how).

But, I ran into another problem: bumpy runway.

As you might guess in the picture I am trying to stack 2 runways end to end.
Given that most of the fields have space surrounding the runways, I needed a runway that did not. RNWY3 shape is just such a thing. The problem is, when taking off on this surface, I get the bumpy effect as though I am on open terrain.
Any known fix?

Also, there are no refuel pads on this runway shape and there don't seem to be any REARM shapes available even though there is a REARM type setting.

Anyone?

Viper

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
Objects cut off?
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2001, 08:21:00 PM »
The tiles all have different 'ground effects' attributes coded into the game, I.E. - landing off runways on rock, etc will give you the bumpy effect.

By using the rnwy3 shape without the 'oildirt' texture attached to it you will get the tiles ground attributes assigned to the objects surface as the game reads it as the texture it's placed on top of.

It will also always give you a 'ditch' message even if you land on it as it has the wrong attributes, there currently isn't a stand alone refuel/rearm pad in the editor so no joy there either.

The CM Terrain Team is currently putting together a *wish list* for HTC that addresses these points and others.   ;)