Author Topic: New Pacific Operation  (Read 609 times)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
New Pacific Operation
« on: November 24, 2019, 01:31:31 PM »
Just wondering how the several month old Pacific event is going. I haven't heard anyone say.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: New Pacific Operation
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 05:22:48 PM »
You can check the number of logins here over the last 6 months.  https://steamcharts.com/app/990060#6m

It shows what many have said right along, a "furball" centered game will not generate activity. There needs to be more involved to keep players interested.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 05:25:39 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 05:36:02 PM »
You can check the number of logins here over the last 6 months.  https://steamcharts.com/app/990060#6m

It should be noted that these are only logins using the steam client.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 06:40:28 PM »
It should be noted that folks are saying the furball is nothing compared to AH furball. Completely different game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 05:06:42 AM »
So nice to see the BB Oracles of all knowledge and Alwaysrightism have set the record straight on WOP even though they havent played it themselves with any regularity.... at all.

Being the Blacksheep glass half full guy I can say that WOP is beginning to develop a group of daily flyers. Contrary to Mr. I hate furballs, War Online Pacific is the perfect MVP for breaking into the Esports ecosystem. Its also the perfect sweetspot sim/arcade that is very welcoming for new players and heck of alot of fun for a 20yr vet like myself. The constant map in cockpit is very cool, easy to read and sized right. The no-blackout, no plane break apart in dive, no flat-spin features means that incredible aerobatic kills are possible, Diving to 400mph in a ki43 is pretty awesome.
The Game speed is faster that a true sim but not overly so. Controls are noob friendly.. Its a great game, I love it and am even working on using it as the showcase platform for my AcesLeagues VR Esports teams next year.. It is in Beta, there is no scoring, there are very few planes currently available and there is Zero marketing so it has slipped into the cracks on steam and oculus store.
It will shine in 2020, especially in VR. Of course the authors to the comments above mine wont play it.. Nope, they will instead complain about the no blackouts, and other sim like attributes and say "Thats weak AF, im not playing it like that with sim features disabled".. and at the same time they will use the 360 look behind all day long.. 
sorry for offending you by speaking honestly.