Author Topic: Crashing to desktop  (Read 542 times)

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Crashing to desktop
« on: August 10, 2000, 04:35:00 PM »
Okay, I'm drawing a terrain from scratch, it started with a generic large airfield with no buildings except the tower (is that normal?). I start placing buildings on the airfield, AA guns, ammo bunker then a fuel bunker, no problem. I place 2 bomber hangers, rotated them fine, and moved them around so they were right where i wanted them. I tried to copy one over, but it didn't seem to work so i went to place one as i had been doing before, and as soon as i selected the spot i wanted to place the hangar, I got booted back to my desktop. (tried to go step by step into what i did so that maybe you could see where i went wrong or something) It's booted me to desktop before, and usually when i was in the object editor, but i can't remember exactly what i was doing, or what point it actually did it, but it was when i first downloaded it and was poking around with the diff functions trying to learn the system. Has anyone else had a similar occurance? Or am i just making a mistake somewhere? Thanks a lot!  

hamish!

Offline -raxx-

• Copper Member
Crashing to desktop
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2000, 04:54:00 PM »
Hamish,

I've had this problem or something similar when I deleted a control tower for an airfield but left objects on the map linked to that tower.  The next field I tried to add an object or I tried to move caused a crash.  It's difficult to pin down what triggers the crash to desktop so I have autosave set for every 60 seconds.

HT is looking at the problem.

Spotcha in the Air

[This message has been edited by -raxx- (edited 08-10-2000).]

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Crashing to desktop
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2000, 05:00:00 PM »

Originally posted by -raxx-:
Hamish,

I've had this problem or something similar when I deleted a control tower for an airfield but left objects on the map linked to that tower.  The next field I tried to add or boject I tried to move caused a crash.  It's difficult to pin down what triggers the crash to desktop so I have autosave set for every 60 seconds.

HT is looking at the problem.

Spotcha in the Air

Thanks for the quick reply. As a matter of fact on the original terrain, i did delete all the objects from it, and it crashed constantly. This was a totaly new one. I think i might start all over and see if i can avoid crashing this time. I'll definately avoid deleting the tower now. I'm enjoying the editor, now all i need is something with more processing power than my poor P166  

Hamish!

[This message has been edited by Hamish (edited 08-10-2000).]