Author Topic: <S> Robert Conrad - passed age 84  (Read 601 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
<S> Robert Conrad - passed age 84
« on: February 08, 2020, 07:00:33 PM »
Robert Conrad, of The Wild Wild West and Baa Baa Black Sheep, Dead at 84

Veteran TV actor Robert Conrad has died, at age 84.

“He lived a wonderfully long life and while the family is saddened by his passing, he will live forever in their hearts,” family spokesman Jeff Ballard said in a statement to People.com. No other details were immediately available.

Conrad’s long TV career began with one-shots on series such as Bat Masterson, Maverick and Lawman, before he co-starred opposite Anthony Eisley in the ABC detective series Hawaiian Eye, which ran for four seasons (from 1959-63). A few years later, he headed up The Wild Wild West, science fiction/Western series that ran on CBS for four seasons (and a long while later was turned into a big-budget feature flop by Will Smith).

Next up, Conrad played Major Greg “Pappy” Boyington on Baa Baa Black Sheep, while also costarring in NBC’s Centennial miniseries. His other of many TV credits included A Man Called Sloane, High Mountain Rangers, Jesse Hawkes and High Sierra Search and Rescue. Most recently, he guested on a 1999 episode of Just Shoot Me, though it appears (per IMDb) he has in the can a guest spot on the upcoming Nash Bridges reboot.

Conrad was also, quite famously, a fixture on the Battle of the Network Stars internetwork competition series, often serving as a most intimidating team captain, building off of his reputation as a pitchman for Eveready, where in a series of commercials he dared ya to knock the battery off his shoulder.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: <S> Robert Conrad - passed age 84
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 07:04:43 PM »

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 07:26:39 PM »
 :salute
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 08:02:11 PM »
<S> to Conrad.  I loved Baa Baa Blacksheep as a kid.  Couldn't get enough of that show.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 08:14:18 PM »
<S> to Conrad.  I loved Baa Baa Blacksheep as a kid.  Couldn't get enough of that show.

Same here. Me and Dad (who Mom thought bore a striking resemblance in his younger years when Wild Wild West came out).

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 09:46:38 PM »
Revisited this a few days before his passing

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 09:57:56 PM »

Me too!! Surely a Great show. I know I got the whole disk set lying around the house somewhere. It would make me crave AH on car trips.

RIP  :salute

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 10:42:55 PM »
 :salute

RIP
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 11:24:07 PM »
RIP  :salute
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)