Author Topic: fiction or acuracy  (Read 570 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
fiction or acuracy
« on: November 29, 2000, 08:57:00 PM »
I am building a Pac terrain and was wondering why AH players are really searching for.... A terrain that is accurate.... or a fantasy  terrain?

I am at a turn road here and can use imput

IMO a fantasy terrian  may retain interest longer and be more fun to fly. What do you think?
NUTTZ

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
fiction or acuracy
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2000, 12:09:00 AM »
For the MA, I think fantasy. For the SEA, I think Historical. Does that answer your question? As the MA is more about `gameplay' then History.

BTW, I started working on a fantasy map 512mi x 512mi, but I think you guys who are good at editing the tiles would do better with it. I was actually designing it with AH V1.05 in mind. I was calling it `Ring of Fire' (Sort of ties in with the Navy/Pacific theme) and it had a `ring of islands on the map which, if drawn as a circle, would be about 450 miles in diameter. The center is all water with an island in the middle with one airfield. This map would then allow players to use an island hopping campaign by playing around the perimeter of the map, a pure naval campaign in the center (with the exception of the center island, which, would actually have some benefits for whatever country owned it).

SD

[This message has been edited by Sundog (edited 11-30-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
fiction or acuracy
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2000, 07:34:00 AM »
CC. What Sundog said.  

IMO, the only way you can have a map that keeps folks attention like a fantasy map is to make a historical map of a small battle filed. Wake, Midway, Crete, Malta, maybe even North Africa.

-Westy