Author Topic: Future Editor Features: What would you like?  (Read 345 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Future Editor Features: What would you like?
« on: December 27, 2000, 01:45:00 PM »
Seriously, what are some workable features you would like to see? Here is a list of some I came up with. I will add more as I remember `other' features I would like    

1. Three or Four Seperate Runways of different sizes, so I don't have to construct special runways using 20 straight taxiway objects.

2.  A couple of `Tree Objects' (Mini Forests?..e.g.-Like in EAW) To place around airfields that were in woods or near treelines.

3. Maybe 3 or 4 editable objects of the `dirt' type for custom airfields or villages.

4. A `Bridge' Object (It would have to be a mile long bridge obviously      ).

5. `Cloud Shader'..Perhaps HTC could provide a `slider control' to make `Darkened' Storm clouds?. Just because it would be cool, thats why!    
P.S.-This would also allow me to make `smog' coming out of the smoke stacks of the factories.

6. Some more `Building Types' for cities, or maybe a `Single Clumped' City block (Where buildings were right next to each other) to make cool cities without overloading the number of objects.

7. Some `Road' Objects to create Highways with a `mile' long straight available (For each grid). Granted, I wouldn't want this the entire map, however, for autobahns, etc, it could be cool. Even have planes land on them in a emergency....which brings up powerlines!..Just kidding.

8. An `initial setting control' which would allow me to make a setting such that all the objects I am adding belong to country one, two, or three (or an airfield) without having to edit each object as I add it.

SD

[This message has been edited by Sundog (edited 12-27-2000).]

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2000, 01:52:00 PM »
 An overall "flatten" water command,Ogres mapmaker creates humps in spots due to the enhance coastline checkbox.(I think?)

It would save a lot of time flying around looking for and hand editing these humps.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2000, 06:53:00 AM »

I  asked about a bridge along long time ago....   I would like to trade the pizza and the bottle for these 2, 3d items that can be "skinned" using a Terr texture

If any of you can follow me

NUTTZ