Author Topic: Family and I are moving to Nashville, TN area. Hello to Vol players! :)  (Read 3088 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Yeah Spek, I just did hear about the one in Cherokee

Bad thing is that during Summer Vacation months that whole area gambling tables and other things are overwhelming crowded.....hard to even get a seat regardless of which day it is

Thanks for the tip regarding Tennessee 👍

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Family and I are moving to Nashville, TN area. Hello to Vol players! :)
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2021, 11:14:56 PM »
I made it, and am now in Tennessee, our new home.  The drive was a great adventure.

I've never been in Tennessee before.  So far, I love it.  :aok

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2021, 08:38:38 AM »
I made it, and am now in Tennessee, our new home.  The drive was a great adventure.

Glad to hear Brooke, sounds like you enjoyed that drive through all the "Fly Over States"

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2021, 11:44:16 AM »

Congrats Brooke! Tennessee is almost like the PNW, just not quite as big of mountains. My aunt and uncle live there and enjoy it quite a bit. It should be a lot less crazy than Seattle and a lot more countryesk and simpler. The Autumn time is very lovely there.

My wife and I have decided to move as well. They just don't care enough in Portland to keep it clean and people are drugged up crazy. My wife is soo over it. The winters are tough too with the darkness. We are moving to FL. Will be tough for me as I have to quit my great job and start all over again for the 4th time in 7 years. Hers and my family both live there and we have friends there so it makes sense. That being said, if it were just me, Tennessee would seem like a better place as you get snow and winter and more of the seasons with a lot less traffic. (Plus lakes/streams with no alligators). I too am looking forward to the drive. (Lucky you that you didn't have to go thru GA to FL, that is the most boring part and ATL traffic can suck). Hopefully we can get outa here before it's too late  :rofl Honestly I wished we lived in a better part of Oregon and stayed for a couple more years but oh well. Who the heck knows what's gonna happen in that time. We are nervous ole Nannie is gonna start clamping down and it's just too much stress on us. The housing market also worries me, so we want to get out while ahead.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2021, 12:04:27 PM »
Didn't realize you lived in Oregon,  Violator.....

My birth place is Klamath Falls... just recently saw on the news where Klamath County was burning down 🔥

TC

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2021, 12:36:43 PM »
Didn't realize you lived in Oregon,  Violator.....

My birth place is Klamath Falls... just recently saw on the news where Klamath County was burning down 🔥

TC

Is it really? How about that. We went to Klamath Falls last 4th of July 2020. Had a really fun time. Went to Crater Lake on the 4th. Really is something else to see. Wish we could have spent the night out there to watch the stars. The little town there is cute. But yeah the fires, another reason why we are moving. It's just sad. It's like they have all of this concern about air pollution and straws. But don't care enough about the land environment. I can't figure it out. The hazy smoked out skies are probably way worse than the car pollution. A shame what is happening. I do find it very suspicious how hot and quick these fires are completely destroying small towns. Just crazy.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2021, 01:35:21 PM »
Yeah unfortunately The US Forestry Service is under funded and undermanned....

Mom and Daddy moved out there from NC back in 67, while Mom was pregnant with me....I was born May 68 and Dad said basically every day he came home from work for Momma to pack up, we going back to NC...lol

Well he came home 1 day in 1971 and Momma was all packed up sitting on the front porch waiting on him....they moved (we) from Klamath Falls all the way across the US to Carolina Beach, NC.....I always get a kick out of remembering that stuff....

They took me back to see my birth place 2 times in my pre teens and  then went once again after I got married and had my 1st daughter..
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 01:40:17 PM by TequilaChaser »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2021, 04:57:16 PM »
Violator, lots of crazy stuff going on in Oregon and Washington.  I totally understand.