Author Topic: Goody's Powder  (Read 717 times)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Goody's Powder
« on: October 03, 2021, 03:20:30 PM »
Late Tuesday night my mom entered my room and found me laying on the floor puking into a small trash can. I ask her to dump the trash can and she noticed it was full of blood. She went to dump the can into my toilet, which I was just on, and found it to be full of blood as well. Like a good mother she called 911 and the surgeon found a 10mm hole in my stomach caused by Goody's Power. I returned home from the hospital Friday night and it will be some time before I get back to normal.

Be very aware that Goody's and BC Powder can kill you. If I was home alone Tuesday night I wouldn't be here today.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Goody's Powder
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 03:37:49 PM »
Bless you Mom’s heart. 

Glad they figured it out quickly and you’re on the mend!

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 04:42:19 PM »
Pulled this off the internet;

The principal components of one BC Powder packet are aspirin (845 mg) and caffeine (65 mg) while one Goody's Powder packet consists of aspirin (520 mg), acetaminophen (260 mg), caffeine (32.5 mg), and potassium (60 mg).

Not a Doctor but this sounds a bit corrosive. Glad you're getting well.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 08:51:18 PM »
glad you are ok.  any medication taken with caffeine isnt good.  back in the 70's some people that believed the fastest way to get rid of a headache was to take aspirin with coca cola.  my mom gave it to me once, i spent all afternoon throwing up.

energy drinks are the same way, lots of sugar and caffeine.  one occasionally aint bad. one of my friends was a jokester, he thought it would be funny to take 4 redbulls at one time.  he ended up having a seizure.  that was his last day at work.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 04:41:34 PM »
Glad to see you in game the other day and on the mend.

Not to assume too much, but that sounds like you were taking it for migraines. To get a 10mm hole from an ulcer - I’d imagine you were taking this stuff quite often. Were you taking this on an empty stomach?

It’s very close to the dose of each drug in Excedrin.

I have blood pressure meds and rate and rhythm meds too (SVT & AFib at times), I hate having to take these drugs… :(   Too young for that stuff!

I always take every medication with food, the exception is acid reflux/heartburn otc meds.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 04:49:37 PM »
I was taking the stuff for a really bad abscessed tooth. Hurt so bad I was taking it every 30 to 60 minutes.  That night I was totally out of my gourd from taking too much of it. Wasn't throwing up,  just out of it. Never will do that again.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 06:02:33 PM »
Hope you are doing better Xargos.  :salute

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 04:54:56 PM »
Hope you recover well Xargos. I am not a doctor also but I have studied Health Science in the past and from studying Medicine and side effects of them I know taking Acetaminophen with Aspirin is not a good mix. It can cause liver problems and even ulcers possibly causing internal bleeding. I hope you are getting better.  :salute
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2