Author Topic: Special Default Skins for the Fjord Fury FSO  (Read 460 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Special Default Skins for the Fjord Fury FSO
« on: February 22, 2022, 10:36:25 PM »
This skins will be the dafault on the North Sea Winter Terrain. The 190A-8 and 109G-14 will also be submitted to Hitech as both are adopted schemes already in game. The 110G will be submitted later after I do some more work on an accurate cammo scheme, this one just has a placeholder borrowed from another of my skins. Also, I changed the aircraft's letter from "White E" to "White F" since the cammo pattern does not match 'White E". The 190A-5 in reality was an A-3 and not eligible for MA use.

Special thanks to Oboe for making me an awesome Luftwaffe pilot skin file, which you can see in the screenshots for the 190's. I already had a screenshot made of the G-14, and I'm lazy, so I didn't make another one with the new pilot. The 110 uses a full body pilot model so Oboe's skin will not work for it.

Fw 190A-3 of Stab.IV/Jg 5

The Jg 5 crest is my artistic license since the reference photo predates this FSO, but since some A-3's remained in the unit into 1945, it would have had one applied in November '44, when this FSO is set.

Fw 190A-8 of 12./Jg 5

This skin is an adoption of Krusty's original skin. In keeping with his original, I used RLM 81 green as the darker camouflage tone, which was seen late in the war.

Bf 109G-14 of 16./Jg 5

This is an adoption of DutchGuy's original skin.

Bf 110G-2 of 10./Zg 26 (Formerly 13(Z)./Jg 5) Yes, Jg 5 did operate a squadron of Bf 110's until it was incorporated into ZG 26 in July 1944 - but they stayed attached to Jg 5 in Norway for the remainder of the war. They even painted Jg 5's yellow and black Reich Defense tail band on their 110's.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Special Default Skins for the Fjord Fury FSO
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 12:39:11 AM »
 :aok

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 02:04:54 AM »
Great job on these skins Devil, should really add to the event.

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 05:21:05 AM »
Well done!

Thanks a lot Devil.  :aok
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 10:13:32 AM »
Nice work, D. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 06:52:48 PM »
 :aok  Great work Devil!