Author Topic: Guess we can’t  (Read 2754 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Guess we can’t
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2022, 07:47:48 PM »
Maybe you should go up on the Navajo Reservation and tell them they need to change their Red Mesa Redskins name, because you know it’s offensive to Native Americans. 

Or go on their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/redmesahighschool/

Maybe all the other Indian Reservations too that still use offensive mascots or logos, you know like Chiefs, Chieftans, Warriors, Braves etc.

I bet they would rather it be named in the navajo language instead of English and Spanish.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2022, 08:17:23 PM »
btw the word cowboy still makes me smile, specially with the current trend.  cow is basically female while boy is male.  combine both terms and apply the current trend and damn it makes me laugh.

I dont really care if they're the cow chasers or the cow lovers, or the cow tenders.  still love my cowboys.  even they're bi-species.  it's just a name.  :rock :rock :rock :rock

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2022, 09:00:45 PM »
btw the word cowboy still makes me smile, specially with the current trend.  cow is basically female while boy is male.  combine both terms and apply the current trend and damn it makes me laugh.

I dont really care if they're the cow chasers or the cow lovers, or the cow tenders.  still love my cowboys.  even they're bi-species.  it's just a name.  :rock :rock :rock :rock

semp

Your knowledge of English needs work. Two syllables, not two words.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2022, 10:52:09 PM »
Your knowledge of English needs work. Two syllables, not two words.

how many syllables in sarcasm :)

semp

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2022, 01:48:22 AM »
I bet they would rather it be named in the navajo language instead of English and Spanish.

semp

Possibly, but I doubt it. I been up on the Navajo quite a bit for a variety of reasons. I’ve also known a few quite well. If you notice there FB page there almost nothing there written in Navajo.

When most Navajo graduate High School they leave and go find lives/work anywhere else. The Navajo Reservation is almost a 1/4 of Arizona, it’s bigger than West Virginia in size, however it is extremely poor in natural resources (not much industry/jobs).

Their neighbors to the south, the San Carlos and White Mountain Apache have much less land but are rather rich in natural resources. You might imagine the San Carlos and Apache would have some sympathy for the Navajo; quite the opposite, they (especially Apache) have a lot of animosity toward the Navajo.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2022, 03:27:28 AM »
and yet some how been not allowed to vote because the reservation dont have street names and they have po boxes but that's not allowed by law. just like in many states all over.

semp