Author Topic: p-51& general game play  (Read 864 times)

secretg

p-51& general game play
« on: November 01, 1999, 12:31:00 AM »
I dont know what you done to this game but since the last upgrade this game has go to pot. The planes & the game play terrible right now i wouldnt pay anything to play this need to go back to some of the older flying charatics.I was really starting to enjoy this game even got off warbirds.Need to get some things fixed.  

Offline Windle

• Copper Member
p-51& general game play
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 1999, 02:01:00 AM »
er....you might want to be a little more specific so something constructive might come out of your experience.  Right now it just looks like you got whooped in the arena and are blowing off steam.  

------------------
~Lt. Jg. Windle~

VF-17 The Jolly Rogers 8X
      Skychrgr@aol.com

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
p-51& general game play
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 1999, 08:49:00 AM »
Hmm.  Haven't noticed anything very different, secretg.  Elaborate please.

------------------
129 IAP

ingame: Raz

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
p-51& general game play
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 1999, 08:52:00 AM »
Might want to talk to Ypsilon.  He flies the 51 and has the hightest Kill/Death ratio in the game.  ALmost at 10, if not there already.

------------------
129 IAP

-kier-

p-51& general game play
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 1999, 09:57:00 AM »
I have to say, I haven't had much trouble killing in any of the planes (though of course it's easier in some than others).

What specifically is the beef? Do you think it is too easy/hard, unrealistic flight models, what?

Kieren

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
p-51& general game play
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 1999, 10:18:00 AM »
Only things with p51 that bothers me, is its fuel capacity and kind of strong weapons (v0.36, pea shots, v0.37, zipped death star)

About fuel capacity, it flies for over hour with full tanks and so on, where 109/spit/la5 flies barely few minutes.
As a bonus it has now strong guns and lots lots ammo. (hmm, perhaps .50s are realistic after all, but cannons don't work anymore on anything)

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
p-51& general game play
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 1999, 10:22:00 AM »
I now fly the p51 exclusively now.Yesterday i got my 1st 7 kill sortie in the p51..

Ive flown Warbirds for over 4 years now,since it was in beta,and the flight modeling is very much alike.So im not sure what you are talkin about.I like the FM of Aces High & im sure that as the beta progresses that HT will be tweaking the FM as this is a game in progress & uncomlete.

------------------
--wd-- Jagdgeschwader 26 "Schlageter"
            "The Abbeville Boys"

Offline fats

• Copper Member
p-51& general game play
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 1999, 01:37:00 PM »
secretg,

Perhaps your problems come from the joystick dampener slider under "setup>>joystick", which is new in the 0.37 version. It's the right most slider which causes the controls to feel laggy ( on my computer any way ) if it is not at zero.

//fats

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
p-51& general game play
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 1999, 10:33:00 PM »
P 51D is the ultimate killer in AH, IMO. You only have to keep your energy and fly smart.

Still the fastest plane, no matter what they say about g10. It handles like a toy, feels much lighter than g10. It can dive away from anything. It can kill in a dive. Keeps E very good in zooms. Very strong guns (if not too strong) and lot of ammo. It can HO all planes and hit them at d8+, outside their effective gun range (noticed how many P 51D pilots go for HO ?). It has fuel for careful planning and multiple kills. Also, it seems very tough and takes quite a lot of hits.

2 kills a sortie are the rule when I fly it (under different handle, of course   ).

AH needs the Dora, IMHO, not the A8.

------------------
Hristo,
I/JG 51

Jagdgeschwader 51  Mölders

[This message has been edited by Hristo (edited 11-02-1999).]

Mr.ED

p-51& general game play
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 1999, 07:52:00 AM »
Only difference I noticed was the tail wheel light.
The 50 cals are the badest MG of WWII, they should be feared & respected, not watered down to make a sim balanced.

Mr.ED
Pony Driver
327th Fg
Bad Knight

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
p-51& general game play
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 1999, 08:20:00 AM »
Of course I am afraid of even .303 personally, but when weapon comes even more scary than it really was.....  

I doubt that one single pass with .50s takes off wings and other stuff from B-17, or takes wing off fighters with couple spray & pray loose round from 500 yards.

IMO, P-51D in AH is too perfect.. did they copy it from air warrior?

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
p-51& general game play
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 1999, 08:22:00 AM »
Mr.ED,

Um, actually the Soviet 12.7mm UB was a better '50 cal'.  Truely.  Mean no disrespect.  Just stating fact, unless the Browning was easier to maintain than the UB (have no clue as to the UB's maintenance track record. I do know the Browning was a remarkable piece of work for reliability).

But, I get your point.  Personally, I wouldn't know.  I'm a Lavochka driver.

------------------
129 IAP VVS RKKA

-kier-

p-51& general game play
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 1999, 09:50:00 AM »
Right on, Leonid! Me likey the LA5NF!

-towd_

p-51& general game play
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 1999, 02:45:00 AM »
mayby lighter mayby better rate of fire for that rusky iron ( bet it came out after the m2 browning like the nipponese copys ). but nothin i mean nothin beats mister brownings 50 cals it is to the heavy machine gun what the ak47 is to assault rifles. simply the best/cheapist ever made and still the same after 50 years..

sorry could not let you slide that one by leo

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
p-51& general game play
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 1999, 03:45:00 AM »
Hey, TOWD, np  

I was half expecting a response from your end anyhow.  Old debates die hard.  Or never die at all.  Yeah, that's probably truer.

------------------
129 IAP VVS RKKA