Author Topic: Panzers?  (Read 434 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Panzers?
« on: February 17, 2023, 06:06:14 PM »
I seemed to have included the wrong Panzer in the frame 3 GV battle.

It should be the Panzer IVF

Not the Panzer IVH.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Panzers?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 08:40:21 PM »
not a problem, the allies will die badly no matter what! beware of the second hour! tank guys, give it a whirl! its gonna be epic!

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 06:45:57 AM »
As i predicted in my squad chat it was a GV bombing objective
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 07:41:40 AM »
As someone who doesn't GV at all, I had a blast. Was difficult trying to get acclimated to GVs in VR, but once I got a feel for it, it was a great time.

Swirling dogfights overhead, JABOs lobbing bombs all over us, and a few different rushes by the enemy made for a great night.

Thanks to all at 104.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 10:10:03 AM »
my take: first off it was Effing EPIC!!! it was awesome was the only way to describe it!!

now the tanks were matched fine. the anti aircraft guns were good.

the skdfz251 vs M3, that was kind of lops sided, while realistic, it needs to be fair for this sort of thing. i wouldve used M3's for both

aircraft, i wouldve left all the bombers, and jabo's but ditched the P38's. they lopsided it a bit too much.

other then those suggestions, it was still really awesome to have that many people fighting over 1 base!!! Great idea Nefari!!!!  :rock :salute

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2023, 01:56:29 PM »
I only had issues slaughtering the panzers beyond 2000 yards.  Other than that....it was a good time.   

18 Kills, 2 Assists and no deaths = great night!!!

Allies did a great job keeping the supplies going!!

My only critique would be to say "ALL" must land by the end of the frame instead of "ALL Aircraft".

I was on the base but got penalized for not "landing" on time.   But hey...someone had to watch the map room for the last second take attempt!

Softy.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2023, 02:20:26 PM »
My only critique would be to say "ALL" must land by the end of the frame instead of "ALL Aircraft".

I was on the base but got penalized for not "landing" on time.   But hey...someone had to watch the map room for the last second take attempt!

No worries, No one was "Penalized" - I think there may be some confusion about rules or scoring systems that may have been used by Admin CMs over the past 20+ years, but there is no real penalty for not landing and towering out in aircraft or ground vehicle before T+120.

You simply didn't record a landing.

I suppose it's possible to award the other side for anyone who didn't record a landing before T+120, but with FSO so different now with HOUR 2 lives, it's probably not worth it unless you're doing a strictly one life event.