Author Topic: It has happened again.  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Re: It has happened again.
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2023, 05:32:50 PM »
So when it comes out this was a transgender will they ban TRANSGENDERS? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, you called it.

Chuikov

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2023, 05:52:34 PM »
Propaganda media is the true culprit.  :old:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2023, 06:04:28 PM »
Propaganda media is the true culprit.  :old:

Propaganda media causes school shootings?

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2023, 06:06:06 PM »
Too broad a rant. Nobody is actually calling for the banning of all guns - just the most frequently used ones in mass shootings. So now, which alcohol do you want to ban? Might I suggest working on your rant a bit more before clinging to it and thinking it's the pov of genius?  :aok

They are calling for the banning of guns that they claim are most often used in mass shootings - but those *aren't* the so-called "assault weapons," nor are they long guns in general.  In multiple victim shootings, a handgun is used most often.  Long guns are used in about 3% of all murders in the US.  For that matter, mass shootings themselves represent less than 5% of all murders in the United States (2020 statistics because they popped up first -see https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/).

Of course, there was an organization out to ban handguns when I was younger - it was called Handgun Control, Inc.  It changed its name and is now the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

Mike

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2023, 06:07:49 PM »
They are calling for the banning of guns that they claim are most often used in mass shootings - but those *aren't* the so-called "assault weapons," nor are they long guns in general.  In multiple victim shootings, a handgun is used most often.  Long guns are used in about 3% of all murders in the US.  For that matter, mass shootings themselves represent less than 5% of all murders in the United States (2020 statistics because they popped up first -see https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/).

Of course, there was an organization out to ban handguns when I was younger - it was called Handgun Control, Inc.  It changed its name and is now the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

Mike

There's really no point in arguing with that guy.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2023, 06:08:34 PM »
Regulating guns is clearly stated, -tt-.

I mean it even says well-regulated. This thread should be entered into the Slippery Slope Hall of Fame.

And we all know they meant “Bear” arms… as in you kill a bear, you keep its arms. Family guy was pretty clear on this.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:12:37 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2023, 06:19:09 PM »
There's really no point in arguing with that guy.

Don't make this about me, -tt-. Stick to your guns but make a decent argument.  :aok

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2023, 06:25:00 PM »
What militia units do gun owners report to?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2023, 06:28:10 PM »
What militia units do gun owners report to?

Could be 'Billy Bob's hold mah beer and watch out fer the guvment detachment eleven-fourst.'

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2023, 06:32:26 PM »
Could be 'Billy Bob's hold mah beer and watch out fer the guvment detachment eleven-fourst.'

Only for as long as Billy agrees to be well-regulated. That part seems to get left out a lot.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2023, 06:46:58 PM »
Propaganda media causes school shootings?

When they constantly use rhetoric about how racist, misogynistic, nazist, fascist (but not communist), xenophobic, transphopic, on and on and on. Then eventually you are going to have emotionally charged people do something stupid. They are also pushing the anti AR narrative which goes right into their narrative "how many more children have to die" rhetoric which sounds like more of a threat.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:53:00 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2023, 08:17:15 PM »
So when it comes out this was a transgender will they ban TRANSGENDERS? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nope, the identity of the shooter and then eventually the story will disappear from the main news because the shooter doesn't fit the narrative of what certain groups are claiming on why there is so much gun violence
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women