Author Topic: Why No Japanese Carriers?  (Read 627 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Why No Japanese Carriers?
« on: July 31, 2023, 12:08:42 AM »
Couldn’t they just be what we have now only different colors/skins? Is this an old question… genuinely curious?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: Why No Japanese Carriers?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 12:10:40 AM »
+1
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 01:01:08 AM »
They sink too easy.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 01:10:11 AM »
They sink too easy.

USA!
USA!
USA!

Forget about the hornet and yorktown USA USA USA

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 02:09:40 AM »
 :rofl
USA!
USA!
USA!

Forget about the hornet and yorktown USA USA USA

Id prefer more Japanese AC tbh
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 02:41:29 AM »
10 to 13 or so years ago there was talk that it would happen.  However that was when there was a staff besides just HT.  Also I believe that some people in the scenario terrain team were likewise working on it.  Most of those people are long gone now.  I also think I saw a screen shot of a Japanese CV, but I been in a semi-coma since then so my memory may be wrong.

Heck most people would never imagine the game would still be rocking 20+yr old 3d models for the Tempest mkV.  Alot easier to do than a full blown carrier.

Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 08:06:07 AM »
10 to 13 or so years ago there was talk that it would happen.  However that was when there was a staff besides just HT.  Also I believe that some people in the scenario terrain team were likewise working on it.  Most of those people are long gone now.  I also think I saw a screen shot of a Japanese CV, but I been in a semi-coma since then so my memory may be wrong.

Heck most people would never imagine the game would still be rocking 20+yr old 3d models for the Tempest mkV.  Alot easier to do than a full blown carrier.

Some of this sounds familiar to me. I feel I saw a screener once now that you say it.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2023, 01:02:52 PM »
They sink too easy.
:rofl :aok that joke makes it :banana:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2023, 10:33:28 AM »
The Japanese carriers are there you just can't see them.  They're covered by fathoms and fathoms of water.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 10:38:04 AM by Golden Dragon »
Fight's on!

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2023, 04:57:27 PM »
Couldn’t they just be what we have now only different colors/skins?

Japanese carriers are as different from American carriers as Japanese airplanes are different from American airplanes.  You can't just put a different skin on it.  While the damage to sink is merely the hit points versus the structure, the layout of the guns would be completely different and that would mean you would have to change the damage model to match.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2023, 09:26:17 PM »
They're right hand drive.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2023, 10:02:36 AM »

Glad to see you’re still around.
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/