Author Topic: Opening Day 2024!  (Read 302 times)

Offline LNG15

• Nickel Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Opening Day 2024!
« on: March 28, 2024, 08:33:10 AM »
One of the oldest sports in the U.S. starts today. Cincinnati opened up the MLB in 1869. Plus this year marks the 30th Anniversary of the infamous strike that cancelled the 94' season. I personally think that the MLB always leaves the small teams hanging and will always help the huge teams like Atlanta, LA, Chicago, and New York.

I do have some optimism that my Reds will pull something this year instead of being ridiculed with a prediction of 74-83. But to all the players who have their favorite baseball team may they either win or have a decent day of baseball!
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Online Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: Opening Day 2024!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 09:48:07 AM »
I liked playing baseball but watching it bores the heck outa me. Now I saw something called banana baseball and the few snippets of video I saw made that look really interesting.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline LNG15

• Nickel Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 12:24:37 PM »
I liked playing baseball but watching it bores the heck outa me. Now I saw something called banana baseball and the few snippets of video I saw made that look really interesting.
I have seen some videos of it which are funny and cool as heck. I keep an eye on the MLB because of 2 main reasons. 1. My mom grew up watching "The Big Red Machine". 2. One of my uncles did play for the Reds for a few months before being traded but was born here and got to play for them.
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 10:14:04 PM »
Cautiously optimistic for my Yankees!  :uhoh
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Peabody

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 10:47:39 PM »
Go Stros!

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 10:56:01 PM »
Go Red Sox!

#$%@!! the Yankees!

Nothing personal, Dadtallica.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 11:24:00 PM »
Holy crap, Tyler O'Neill just hit an Opening Day home run for the 5th consecutive year. A new MLB record.

And that's probably the last positive highlight we'll see from my Red Sox this season.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2024, 12:06:24 AM »
Holy crap, Tyler O'Neill just hit an Opening Day home run for the 5th consecutive year. A new MLB record.

And that's probably the last positive highlight we'll see from my Red Sox this season.

Unfortunately he peaks at game one....all down hill from there usually. Maybe playing in Fenway will change that as he needs to hit better than .230 this season.
It's sad the Red Sox are relying on chumps like Popeye. They used to have such great outfields. Bring back Evans, Rice and Lynn!
The Damned
Founded 1988