Author Topic: Ground battle films  (Read 586 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
Ground battle films
« on: July 10, 2024, 08:55:55 PM »
It seems to be an oddity to even see one. But if someone records a battle and wants to donate them it would be appreciated. I’d like to take a swing at a video or including them in a video.

Something people rarely see is ground wars with air support.

Evidently I’m bored and looking for a time killer.

If not its ok. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Ground battle films
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2024, 09:36:33 PM »
Hit up Kenai...he's in a GV a lot. He might can start filming for you or point you to some other GVers like Brando, LitlBlue, DamPhyNo, etc...
Tours 86 - 296

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2024, 09:03:02 AM »
I'll try to remember to save my films and get some of my squadies to do the same. I film every sortie, just don't save most of them.I understand there were some epic fights on the new NATOMA map when it first came up.  :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 11:26:33 AM »
Hit up Kenai...he's in a GV a lot. He might can start filming for you or point you to some other GVers like Brando, LitlBlue, DamPhyNo, etc...

Thanks for the ideas. Just throwing a hook out there to see if anything bites. I know GVs play a big part in groups who play on strategies. Showing a base grab would be unjust to not show the ground portion. The whole game at work. <shrug>

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2024, 11:56:43 AM »
Next time I get on, I'm gonna turn it on to film every sortie.  I GV every now and then when I get bored or there's no fights.
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2024, 12:07:13 PM »
I'll try to remember to save my films and get some of my squadies to do the same. I film every sortie, just don't save most of them.I understand there were some epic fights on the new NATOMA map when it first came up.  :rock

Thanks.
Years ago I used to do everything, planes, GVs bombers…somewhere along the line of life issues the last 14 yrs my brain has pushed that data out. The brain will only hold so much data, what it deems useless to the occasion gets pushed out. I’m rebuilding that bank. No use make films of a lamer. lol

The bigger the war the better, I can jump around from gv to gv. But I need individual films for full interior views. I don’t use small talk on vox in films unless it tells a story of the war, obviously zero txt.

Side note slipping off subject; You hit the honey spot on that map. First 5 min in the MA I was a lil shocked on how much it changed game play to the positive. For whatever reason, it consolidated wars/battles. Proof that maps play a massive role in game play, even if not historically based on wwii. From what I witnessed it was received very positive.

>> IMO << we really need to put a lot of attention on what is in rotation so we don’t have as much peaks and valleys in daily MA numbers. They do in fact affect numbers. And its so easily done.

Last note; to all mappers, skinners and event staff. When players have their full heart in their hobby and contributions we get superb products that is the core of what makes this game pop.

The last year has produced some excellent work as these contributors continue to hone their skills with decades of experience, DESPITE words of doomsayers. That devoted skill is priceless.

Any film I make is not worth viewing without it.

HT doesn’t have to change much. He still has a great team of volunteers, just not so much in the office.

Sorry to slip off subject.

Thanks in advance for any films donated.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 12:10:14 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2024, 01:38:45 PM »

I wish you would save your films too! Id love to see a few of them to try and get the feel for how you GV.