Author Topic: External View From the F4U Glitch?  (Read 272 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
External View From the F4U Glitch?
« on: October 20, 2024, 02:53:29 PM »
Has anyone else ever witnessed this before? If you flip your back hat views and your pan head movements in unison just right, you can end up outside the plane. This pic below is my recorded view of when I filmed it last time. It was last night and I was fully online and in the MA.

I can replicate it with the F4U models pretty easily but haven’t been able to do it in a few others I tried. Probaly a ticky tacky little bug that will live on.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2024, 02:55:07 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Kini

• Zinc Member
Re: External View From the F4U Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 02:36:32 PM »
I fly the F4U variants almost all the time and I've yet to be thrown to an outside view (could be a handy bug however), but then I don't record my flights either.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 03:50:18 PM »
I fly the F4U variants almost all the time and I've yet to be thrown to an outside view (could be a handy bug however), but then I don't record my flights either.

It happened by accident and then I started to manipulate the three commands to try and replicate and voila. I don’t know how exactly it happens but if you fiddle with your back view hat switches and the left right pan views all at once you can end up outside. I’ve been out on the right side too.

I wasn’t recording when it happened I started the recording after to show everyone.

Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:32:04 AM »
It looks to me like your head fell off and is trying to catch back up. Is this just during the month that has Holloween?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: Today at 11:14:57 AM »
It’s happened to me in other months! No monsters were present.

I don’t know the exact sequence of commands to make it happen but I can replicate it pretty easily just fiddling them around.