Author Topic: 109 Drivers only...  (Read 914 times)

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
109 Drivers only...
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2002, 11:38:08 AM »
You want to duel? I guess you got something to prove? I only gave you the stats because you implied I both didn't fly and I wasn't any good.
-SW
---------

Yeah, I got somethin to prove--that j00 suxx0r much0r and need to stfakku more often.

Careful what you/who start yappin about, lest you be called up to defend your statements which you won't defend. Honestly, it wouldn't matter what aircraft I was in against you, you'd die just as sweet. Point being, I fly whatever the fakk I want to fly and how I want to fly it. And believe me, that latter's way beyond your comprende.

Only your arrogance assumes that I was implying anything to hurt your feelings, but what I did do was drag you into a 6 some odd post troll game that kept me laughing for a few hours. Thanks. Hilarious how much you were trying to actually "win" that.

So, be careful  what you say about something, especially if you don't have smakk to back it up with.

--The Knights of Ni! verbally pwn once again!--

damn toejam stains
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
109 Drivers only...
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2002, 11:47:43 AM »
You're in luck Nath beacuse Animal thinks u r  "so dreamy"....  :eek:

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
109 Drivers only...
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2002, 11:48:09 AM »
Grunherz, only reason the 109's can turn with spits and nikis is because the Spit/niki pilots are GENERALY less experienced and can't/don't date/don't know how to turn as they should and don't dare to pull the stick. Meet a good pilot in a spit or niki and you will be outturned before you can say "ops".
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
109 Drivers only...
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2002, 11:50:32 AM »
Trying to win what? I just kept going cuz you kept replying.

You were a dweeb before you got banned, and you are still a dweeb. Pulling the same toejam as before.

Nice to know you can't change at all.
-SW

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
109 Drivers only...
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2002, 11:51:38 AM »
Well thats true some of the better ones can outurn my 109s and 190s, on a bad day for me and especially if my aim is off......

:)

But of course spits turn better, but this doesnt mean you can outurn them and close fight with them.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
109 Drivers only...
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2002, 11:58:26 AM »
Careful... Nath is one of the most, if not THE most competent pilot in this sim... in anything..

In fact, I'd not bet on a matchup between him and citabria (fester).. in anything.

You may not appreciate either guys sense of humor, but you WILL by god respect their abilities... or wind up as confetti in the dueling arena.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
109 Drivers only...
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2002, 12:02:24 PM »
With all due respect Hang, the last time you or me have met in the arena was over a year and a half ago.
-SW

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
109 Drivers only...
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2002, 12:14:25 PM »
I'm literally in tears from laughing so hard.  Funny thread, guys.

SWulfe, Nath has gotten better with time as, I suspect, we all have.  I consider him to be the toughest and most rewarding fight in AH bar none.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
109 Drivers only...
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2002, 01:27:34 PM »
If the 109 has some E, it can keep up with the spit about one lap or so. Meet me in a spit vs your 109 G10 and you won't survive. Th espit is a FAR better turner then the 109 if flown the right way.

The F4 turns almost as good as the Spit 9 and can keep up with it quite good, The G2 is OK and the G6 is much like the G10.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
109 Drivers only...
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2002, 01:38:18 PM »
it depends on the pilot(s)

can kill most in MA with 109f with gonds

usually die in CA with same setup, when it was available. learned to leave the gonds behind, flys much better but punch doesn't last long enough

take gonds when target is bomber in whatever 109 I grab, usually the g6 for bmbr if not the g10

Nath is young but one bad dude in the 109
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Re: 109 Drivers only...
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2002, 06:20:02 PM »
My own question or better said doubts got to me so upon getting home I decided to check it out.  Put a G10 on auto takeoff with and without gondolas to 20,000 ft.  Here's what I got
With gondolas      08:01"
Without gondolas 07:16"
No question in my mind.  By the numbers the gondolas reduce performance by an average of 8% in a straight no wep climb and their drag is modeled.
God knows what they do to turn performance.
Beeg

Originally posted by Beegerite
Drano;

Since the performance charts in AH make no adjustments for with/without gondolas, and knowing that obviously in  real life a serious  loss of performance would occur by having anything hanging in the slipstream, what proof do we have that the modeling and programming of this game actually makes changes in the weight/lift/drag equation when we bolt the gondolas on?

My feeling would be that a simple test would be to do a timed climb to 20K with/without the gondolas to see if there is a difference.  A lack of difference would indicate a lack of programming of this equation.  Don't know how we could measure turn performance other than by subjective opinion.

Beeg