Author Topic: LePaul(What sucks most about AH) Poll..Revised for Accuracy  (Read 313 times)

Offline WildBlue

• Copper Member
LePaul(What sucks most about AH) Poll..Revised for Accuracy
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2002, 06:54:25 AM »
The only real complaint I have is proxy kills. Yes, I know it would be hard to sort it all out in a heavy furball, but I'm tired of taking other people's kills, and just as tired of them getting mine. This is really a simple uhhhhh... "squeak?".......but it is irritating to be accused of cheating because I was closer to a crash than the guy who shot them down. Don't take this wrong...AH is still the best online sim, but hey...

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2002, 06:58:29 AM »
That's not how proximity kills work. If someone else that was still airborne (not dead) had hit and damaged him harder/more than you had that pilot would get the kill no matter how close you were to the crash sight.

Now, if someone damaged him but DIED prior to the target crashing, you might get the proximity kill because the original shooter was no longer alive.

At least I think that's about how it works. :)  You can always E-mail HTC to get the straight skinny.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline WildBlue

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2002, 08:12:05 AM »
Okay, thanks for the info, I prolly will ask HTC about it. There have been times I was credited with a kill even when I never fired a shot. I have had several assists, and I understand that. But it does seem odd to get a kill with no shots fired, lol.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2002, 08:41:54 AM »
Hey, some of my very BEST kills are proximity kills gained without ever firing a shot.  ;)

It just happens. You see a distant fight, head over there. There are far off explosions and you don't know who killed what. As you arrive the fight is breaking up and one guy is in a vertical dive trailing smoke. Suddenly you're alone where the action was hot just moments before. The death-diver hits the ground.. you are the closest enemy plane... kill awarded.

Just happens. I don't ponder it much. I'm sure others get the same thing.

BTW, just noticed you are in KC. Haven't met you under that handel that I know of. A few of us get together now and then for lunch... if you're interested, we're in the planning stages for the next one right now.

Cya up there.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline WildBlue

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2002, 08:52:46 AM »
Hey, no kidding? In the area huh? Sure, would be nice to hook up sometime! You prolly don't recognize the name 'cause it's pretty new. I used to fly under the name "Strafe", but that was a while back. Like waaaaay back when I couldn't get a kill if it was handed to me, lol! uhhhh...wait.....still have trouble getting the kill.....lmao.:p  jeez.....I need sleep......

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2002, 05:53:32 PM »
Toad,
Count me in when you get the KC get-together going!

Cobra

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2002, 07:21:25 PM »
I'll put a short "look in the O-club" post up in General Discussion when we set a date/time.

Details will be in the O-Club post.

We plan on celebrating 1776's return to the game... so be prepared.  ;)