Author Topic: Fuel resets to 25%  (Read 455 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Fuel resets to 25%
« on: January 24, 2002, 02:19:22 PM »
Often when I log in the AH I find my fuel load has reset to 25% even though I keep it set at 75% for the P-51 and 100% for the P-47 online and offline and the field I'm at has 125% fuel. Any idea what causes this and how to fix it?

--)-FLS----
Musketeers

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Fuel resets to 25%
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2002, 02:30:59 PM »
I think this will happen if you launch from a field where the fuel tanks have been destroyed and only 25% fuel is available.  The next flight even if the fuel is back to 100%, it will still be set at 25% from your last flight.

Check the chalk-board in the tower as to the fuel status at the field, and it's a good idea to always check your fuel load before you launch anyway.  I do. :)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Fuel resets to 25%
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2002, 05:01:29 PM »
I thought it might be the fuel status at the field but as I posted this happens even from a field with 125% fuel. If it happened everytime I'd probably remember to always check. I suppose a little more deadstick time will help me remember to always check my fuel.  I just was online and switched from the P-51 to a P-47 at a field with good fuel and the  P-47 reset to 25% fuel. If I log on and spawn at a field with 25% fuel I could understand it.
I've tried to 'accidently' reset the fuel load but I haven't been able to. I understand I can simply check my fuel every time I log on or switch aircraft or loadouts, it's just annoying.

--)-FLS----
Musketeers

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
Fuel resets to 25%
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2002, 05:40:38 PM »
Yeah, the field your at NOW has 125%, but I'm betting the last time you flew that plane, it was from a field that had less.  Since it saves your preferences the same as your last flight, you need to remember to set it back.

It's cool that it remembers how you had it set last time, but I agree, it would be great if it would "ignore" the setting when you are forced to take less fuel, but I don't really see how that could be easily done.

Offline elstevie

• Copper Member
      •  http://stevenewing_1.tripod.com/bf109/
Fuel resets to 25%
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 05:51:55 PM »
Check your convergance to,ive had mine change on me all the time.esp when and if i change planes.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Fuel resets to 25%
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2002, 10:57:20 PM »
I've never flown from a field with 25% fuel. What may sometimes happen is I log on and spawn at a field with damaged fuel and this resets my fuel even though I don't take off there but I'm pretty sure I've logged on and spawned at fields with good fuel and still had my fuel reset. I've noticed that sometimes in the hanger, even though the 3 barrels for 75% have the square around them it initially says 25% over them instead of 75%. I had 75% fuel set for the P-51 in the MA tonight and logged out and into the dueling arena to check the available planeset. I launced to the runway then exited without setting my fuel  or bothering to check it. When I logged back into the MA and took off I had 25% fuel. I reset it to 75% and exited and logged into the dueling arena again and it was reset to 25%.

I alway assume user error first but I don't see what I'm doing wrong here other than forgetting to check my fuel every time I log in or switch aircraft.

--)-FLS----
Musketeers

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Fuel resets to 25%
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2002, 03:43:53 PM »
There is another possible reason for this.   Look at the position of your clipboard.    If hanger selection portion of your clipboard is positioned over your fuel selections when you click to select your Launch/Spawn point you can sometimes inadvertantly select 25% fuel.   It will simultanously select 25% and spawn you on the runway.   This has happened to me several times, unfortuantely sometimes I havent noticed it because I had drop tanks, only until I have flown several miles then ditched the drop tanks did I discover I only had 25% and not enough to get to a friendly field.

AirScrew

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Fuel resets to 25%
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2002, 04:01:15 PM »
MajTom that's what I meant when I posted that I've tried to 'accidently' reset the fuel load. Today I logged on and spawned at a field with 50% fuel. I jumped to a field with 125% fuel and went to the hanger expecting to see a 50% fuel load.
Fuel was set to 25%.  I set fuel to 75% and exited. I logged in later and spawned at a field with 125% fuel. I went to the hanger and fuel was set to 25%. HiTech posted elsewhere that setting files to read only or copying from CD might cause this. My files are not set to read only and my installation is from the DL.
It's apparently a bug.

--)-FLS----
Musketeers

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
Fuel resets to 25%
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2002, 09:33:24 AM »
Yep this must be a bug.  I can't reproduce it on my machine, my Jug always has 75% in it unless I changed it myself.

Make sure all of the files in your Aces High\Settings directory are not set to read-only, as HT said.

Other than that, I'm not sure what's going on.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Fuel resets to 25%
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2002, 04:37:27 AM »
Same thing happened to a few of us in our first TOD frame a couple of weeks ago.  Zeb and I had both logged into the SEA early to set fuel, bombs etc in Mossies because we wanted to be sure they would be right later.  After the frame started, it soon became evident that our fuel was going down fast!  Seems it had been reset to 25%.  We put this down to the clipboard thing and now always double check before launch;  however, would be interested to know if there is a bug causing the problem which is obviously very annoying in a one-life special event...
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun