Author Topic: saitek x36f and x35t (need help)  (Read 1077 times)

Offline rabbit

• Zinc Member
saitek x36f and x35t (need help)
« on: January 24, 2002, 12:54:19 AM »
hi

im not getting any response from my rotors ,my mouse switches. or the mode switch. ( on the throttle)

everything else seems fine.

anything i can do to fix this? sorta stinks having extra goodies and  cant get them  working

thanks

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2002, 01:08:44 AM »
What are you using to program the buttons?  Saiteks SGE software or are you mapping within Aces High?  If you map within AH, then you are not going to get use of the rotatary knobs or a few other buttons.  But if you use SGE, then you should have no problems.  I can help you set it up sometime if you like, I used to use SGE software.

Nim

Offline airbull

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2002, 03:18:24 AM »
I have had problems with x36 when you loose all inputs from the x35 bit.
Mostly I have rebooted system & that has fixed it. Every time this happened I got a message at my first boot stating that some help file couldnt be found, so im assuming some of the drivers didnt load correctly.
Once I removed all the drivers & reinstalled every thing as rebooting didnt work.
'Crashed slow-rolling near ground. Bad show'

http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk

Offline Bluefish

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2002, 09:38:06 AM »
I've had a number of Saiteks (seems like I have to buy one a year as the various switches burn out) but I've never run into that exact problem.  If you don't get your answer here, you may want to try this forum:

http://saitekhelp.simhq.com/

The folks in that message board seem to have experienced every conceivable problem.

Offline maddog1

• Zinc Member
Saitek drivers
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 10:40:38 AM »
Running w2k and the Dham*** drivers and using hazard script... everything but rotarys work great... pinkie switch I have yet to figure out.. one nice thing is that I just changed motherboards and rather then going back and re setting up all the AH buttons I just reloaded my AH profile and it works as advertised....

These drivers work on any windos setup.... just a thought for u

doc

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2002, 12:23:27 PM »
It also depends under which OPE your running. To my knowledge they is on SGE version that works correctly under WIN XP yet.

I use SGE 3.0 under Win'98 and have no problems programming all buttons/switches in SGE. I also use the X36 combbo stick (USB) with the CH Pedals Pro (USB) by using a driver fix to enable rudder input from the pedals to the stick without any problems.

Offline rabbit

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2002, 03:06:12 PM »
I am using it with Win Me and i am mapping the stick  through AH.

sure Nim i need all the help i can get!!!

i am also having a Frame rate prob as well. I thought i had it fixed but  i can use the onboard video, and i get the same rates as i get with my Ati 7200 Radon card.

35-40 in the tower17- 20 on the tarmak ( this is what im using to test with because  it is the first  place you  see in the game,) off line. online is much worse.

I know with the 32 meg card i should see an improvment over my stock 8 meg onboard video. the tow choices i get  when i try to select my card are ( radon card with microsoft 3d acceleration) and i get the ( intlel card with microsoft 3d accerleration)

as stated above im getting the same frame rates with  both. so i know somthing is not right.

i have disabled the  onboard card and i get no improvment.  i get this message now.

Primarary  display driver / through microsoft direct 3  ( somthing like that i cant read  it all  due to the smal size of the  video selection window. )

i tried the latest driver. and updated Dx and it got worse.  so i went back to the older driver  but ya have to keep Dx8.0 or better  so im sorta stuck.

i know i should get a better rates than whaty im getting.  im not looking for them in the 60's or 70's but a solid 45 to 50 would be nice.  can any of you gurus hep me?

i have tried to even shorten up the view and in medium is where im getting the  frame rates i have base lined.  i can live with the med view  but i would not  like the short view i would be a sitting duck in AH.

566mhz celeron
256 ram
32 meg Ati card
SB live
Dsl
 1024X768 res

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2002, 11:53:13 AM »
Hey Rab!

regarding frame rate - lower the screen resolution to 800x600 and lower color to 16 bit. The image will be grainy but fr should improve.

x-36 - i sent ya ranger bob's x-36/35 SGE profile. has lots of bell & whistles. make sure ya read readme...ya gotta keep rotor dials centered or you'll have problms

/O
Max

Offline rabbit

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2002, 11:15:33 PM »
thanks max :)

Offline freeze

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2002, 06:15:37 AM »
Ok just for ur Information.

SAITEK has no SGE Software running under Windows XP

Everything else u heared is just wrong.I bought Saitek X45 and i am in contact with Saitek bout the new SGE software. They promiss it will e released in the beginning of 2002. Means in a couple month lol.
So far they have a XP driver for their sticks. But thats only the driver and u have to maop the butons in AH. But that works very well.
For the rotary knobs i dont have any use so i dont see any problem fro me to dont use them.

Best Henning

P.S ill post it asap i hear the new SGE is released

Offline Karaya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2002, 03:27:08 PM »
rabbit,

i would try turning off any anti virus software. some scripting in the new Norton Anti-Virus was messing with my extension manager.

also, try getting rid of it all together. follow the links enclosed. saiteks software is real buggy.

go to your start menu, RUN, and type "msconfig"
try shutting off some things that might be of conflict.

saitek is a good stick but the support is poor.

Offline rabbit

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2002, 05:26:38 AM »
thanks fellers

got used to everything how it is . just not using the trim wheels