Author Topic: Salute to all who helped!  (Read 199 times)

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Salute to all who helped!
« on: July 03, 2000, 09:50:00 PM »
Thanks to all that helped tonight's SEA test. We did uncover some things that need fixing, and we'll see what we were doing wrong to break it.  

Thanks also to Cobra, Happmkst, and Ghosth for the fun 2 vs 2 we did in the dark. It was fun!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2000, 03:26:00 AM »
Hiya Kieren,

Went in there this eve (Monday night) to do some squad stuff, and all the ack was firing at us... our own field's ack. Did you break something?

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2000, 11:11:00 AM »
Not that I know of!

Here's what I did-
  • Set the night
  • Changed some fields to opposing sides
  • Tested the enable/disable plane feature
We did have some people come in and state the ack was firing on them, and we noticed that some fields didn't allow you to move to them. Honestly, I believe these are the fields that we changed, and while those of us who were on when the changes were made seemed unaffected, those that came afterwards seemed to see the problems.

Weird, right? The answer to this problem (temporarily at least) would be an arena reset- something I don't know how to do yet. Sorry for the inconvenience in the SEA. The testing is necessary for the Scenarios that are planned, and I will work to see if I can undue results incurred because of the testing.  

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2000, 12:01:00 PM »
Hey - it's for a good cause, right? No worries. Looking forward to that night scenario.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2000, 04:18:00 PM »
Well, I figured out what I did wrong... I have to go back and reset each field individually to get it right, but at least I can! I will get this done tonight (the wife is waiting for me at the family reunion!).

I did set a lot of the fields, I just need to go and check each one one-by-one. I will get it done, and the good news is, I learned enough to get a scenario put together!