Author Topic: Thoughts about CT  (Read 749 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Thoughts about CT
« on: March 26, 2002, 06:27:11 PM »
I'm not interested to see how almost indestructable Ju-88's pork fuel and hangars when there are 5 vs. 5 ppl online.
It was quite fun to fight against 109s and 110s but bumping 1000 rounds of .303s to the Ju and seeing it lose a flap... No thanks.

Cya in the MA.

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
Thoughts about CT
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2002, 08:40:26 PM »
Staga I am sorry to have upset you with that interdiction sortie, BUT:

There were 16 vs 8 when i started that sortie, and i warned you england defenders from the Take off.
Later, at the moment of the drops, i was too busy jumping from bombsight to gunpos to defend from attacking spits to check if the numbers changed.

Next time warn me BEFORE I start or during the bomb drop, on open channel, will not be a problem to me to stop and drop on ammo or barracks or acks, instead to try to stop the flow of spitfires going on our fields (or so i believed, since we were blind).

Btw, i guessed a drop of field cargo from a C47 was enough to restore fuel, or i'm wrong? :confused:

I believed this was BoB, when LW was trying to disable the RAF, by BOMBING the fields, i was wrong, that's only the Furball arena (called alsoo "little main").
:(

Last, but not least, i believe you have no problem if there are 2 of yours CV groups parked 2 miles out of 20 (french coast)?

We had to Take off blind under flak fire and dar cover, but your fuel cannot be touched.

fair

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Thoughts about CT
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2002, 03:51:48 AM »
When I went to the CT it was something like 10 vs 5 for Axis; That's why I went to the allies.

If Axis didn't have a dar that's just wrong: Already in beginning of the war there were 8 Freya stations in germany and after conquest of France there were lots more.

http://www.radarworld.org/germany.html

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
Thoughts about CT
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2002, 03:53:50 AM »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Thoughts about CT
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2002, 10:52:37 AM »
Ju88 is why I left the CT as well.

The thing is just stupid.:mad:

It is going 100mph faster than it should, makes attacking them in .303 armed fighters, well, suicide.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
Thoughts about CT
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2002, 12:38:54 PM »
That's too much....

I will never had imagined to listen someone saying that the ju88 it's uber.

Never say never :rolleyes:

:)

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
Thoughts about CT
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2002, 01:09:15 PM »
i would'nt say th ju88 is uber but is a definate force to rekoned with  it is funny that u have to slow down to let hurri's catch u but spits have no problem catching a ju88.  ppl still used to thinking ju88 is easy kill and attack from dead 6 i am 14 and 11 in the ju88 and almost all my kills are from dead 6  4,8,and 12 oclock and more than one pass u can kill the ju88 easaly

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Thoughts about CT
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2002, 06:25:21 PM »
I flew a JU88 the other day in the CT... I too thought that it was unusally strong.  But conversely, the attack passes that were made were high 6 approaches that I could have flipped boogers on and killed.  The JU88 is fast enough to significantly reduce closure of the Spit 1 and Hurr 1...  As an allied fighter pilot, a JU88 turning its 6 to you means he sees you and that you should rethink your approach vector.

I took a Hurricane up later and got several kills on 109Es, and I also had three 1 pass kills on 110s.  Proper technique is a MUST in these slower and minimally armed fighters.

Another suggestion:  try to shoot glass (kill the pilot).  It is the most vulnerable part of those beasts.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Thoughts about CT
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2002, 07:57:14 PM »
It is really, really hard to set up anything other that 6 passes on the Ju88, even in a Spitfire.

Further, all the non 6 attacks do is annoy it.  You need a really sustained burst from under 300 yards to down it.

I don't even attack them from their 6 o'clock when I'm in a Mossie in the MA.

Historically, bombers cruised at 180-200mph.  True for Lancs, 24s, 17s, 25s, 88s, 111s, Halibags.  The 26 probably cruised at 220-230mph and the Ki67 at 250 or so.

In AH bombers all run flat out all the time.  It makes the attacking fighter's job much harder.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Thoughts about CT
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2002, 08:32:27 PM »
4 of the 5 ju88s I engaged I killed. The one that killed me was my fault I had good hits and instead of breaking off to regroup I allowed him to position me on his 6. He was hurt bad but I was shot down. That was my fault.

303s kill um.

Now you can make the arguement that you dont want to be bothered setting up a proper attack. Or that theres no real point to stopping them. All valid. Thats the same arguement folks make about buffs in the main.

But ju88s are just as killable with the tools at hand just as they are in the main.

Positioning is the most important thing. If you have to chase them and climb from ded 6 then give up. Catch them on egress or let umm go all together.

But your getting shot down because of what your doing not because the ju88 is too good for the set up.

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Thoughts about CT
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2002, 07:16:08 AM »
Originally posted by Wotan
4 of the 5 ju88s I engaged I killed. The one that killed me was my fault I had good hits and instead of breaking off to regroup I allowed him to position me on his 6. He was hurt bad but I was shot down. That was my fault.

303s kill um.

Now you can make the arguement that you dont want to be bothered setting up a proper attack. Or that theres no real point to stopping them. All valid. Thats the same arguement folks make about buffs in the main.

But ju88s are just as killable with the tools at hand just as they are in the main.

Positioning is the most important thing. If you have to chase them and climb from ded 6 then give up. Catch them on egress or let umm go all together.

But your getting shot down because of what your doing not because the ju88 is too good for the set up.

Agreed.

- Oldman

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Thoughts about CT
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2002, 07:53:31 AM »
Perk Naso!