Author Topic: Missions  (Read 121 times)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Missions
« on: March 20, 2002, 06:21:57 AM »
To improve a bit the organization how about:
1 - Double the points / perks if you are flying into a mission.
2 - Make a "mission wizzard". An easy version of the mission editor where you simply put initial field number, target field number.
3 - Add an option to assign general plane type in the slots. That is, flight #1, any fighter. flight #2, any bomber, etc. Same for loadouts (free loadout).
4 - Dont let the people to mess with the "take off runaway", once the mission is up, the first player (editor?) going out in the mission decides the take off runaway and the rest of planes use the same one.

A Wizzard example:
1 - Mission: CAP from A23 to A23
2 - Flight #1: Any fighter, any loadout, unlimited slots.
3 - Starts in 5 mins, 10 mins more to join
GO.

Now there is the problem of advertising people about submitted missions. You may use the clipboard window adding at the bottom a dropdown list with the current submitted missions and starting times. And an icon (exclamation) at the left of the list that is activated for 2 mins each time a new mission is submitted, add also a .wav sound notifying the post of a mission. This way the people will be able to get some information about mission while in flight with only the clipboard window open and not obscuring their entire screen with the map window.

Also, it would be very good to have the chance to edit new missions while inflight. These 5 - 10 mins doing nothing but climbing would be well invested into editting missions.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Missions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2002, 09:47:09 AM »
Mandoble in principle i agree this would encourage people to make more missions but this isnt always the problem.To get people to join in regularly the missions have to be good ones.
Agood example of this is when ripsnort makes missions, everyone knows his missions are well planned and so are more eager to join.What puts people off is when they join a mission which is poorly planned or unorganised and basically ends up the same as if you flew alone, all the players flying different aircraft at different speeds etc and you being left to fend for yourself.

What would be good is if HTC put up a mission BB so players could contribute missions that others can try out.Eventually there will be a core of good workable missions that become popular and known by name. eg. the 'ripjabo' :D, players would say 'ripjabo mission in 5 mins' etc and people would get to know those missions they really like.

The idea about bonus or extra perks for mission participation is a good one but im sure there will be plenty of players(laz!) who object to the extra perks as they dont 'want' to fly missions.

To recap, what we dont need is hundreds of missions being posted that constantly fail or do not work due to misplanning because this will lead to people getting fed up with them. To drum up interest and participation we need to make them fun to fly in and succesfull.If we had missions that we all got used to maybe they could be used by everyone like you said.this way good missions would become the norm and theres still room for new ideas to be added or posted on a BB for others to look at and try.

mandoble , i always enjoy your posts :)

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
My opinion negates Lazs.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2002, 10:01:35 AM »
1. Assume my opinion is always opposite of lazs.

2.  I pay the same amount as lazs

3.  Therefore niether of our opinions should be paid attention to.

:P

You are now free to say whatever you like about perking missions, or even trying to play in some kind of fun organized manner!

hehehe

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Missions
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2002, 10:04:40 AM »
Hazed, with the so called "mission wizzard" I'm sure that mission posted will not by much more than 2 or 3 at the same time. And this is only a very basic way to have people organized into a very simple goals. For more complex missions we have the actual editor, but most of the people simply dont want to mess with it, add the fact that to edit and submit a mission you must to be grounded.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Missions
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2002, 10:17:26 AM »
double perks when in a mission...

missions more often than not lead to a swarm of players overpowering a few defenders.

OK if you guys in the mission get double perks for taking part then the defenders who are gonna get gangbanged should get double the perks for each one of the mission guys they pop.

Then i say GREAT idea!!

SKurj
« Last Edit: March 20, 2002, 10:20:23 AM by SKurj »

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Missions
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2002, 10:24:28 AM »
What about defenders in a CAP mission getting double perks by shooting the attackers?