Author Topic: Why AH does not suck from the very start  (Read 165 times)

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
Why AH does not suck from the very start
« on: March 13, 2001, 04:10:00 AM »
Among a whole lot of reasons (FM, teams, etc. etc. etc. etc.), the main reason why AH shines is Htc. attention to potential problems, and their response, on one side and, on the other, this community.

So, instead of whineing about numbers (I'm guilty of that), why don't we start the other way and propose solutions to what is perceived as a bucket turn problem?

I will start by proposing perk points.

Perks are the ideal tool to iron this problem. They were introduced to balance the arena. In a broad sense, this includes both the planeset, the numbers or any other imbalancing issue.

It could work, for instance, dividing perk points earned per sortie by the result of dividing your country bewteen total players. This way, the less numbers your country has, the greater the perkies you could earn flying for that understaffed country.

Goals achieved, that I can see:

• Promotes joining the understaffed country.
  • Eases acquisition of perk planes for the understaffied country. Both more appealing, and easier to counter strikes from superior numbers.
  • Probably will speed up the reset.

I can't see any counter to using Perks as a ballancing instrument. Any oppinion or alternative?

Cheers,

Pepe.

Offline janjan

• Zinc Member
Why AH does not suck from the very start
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2001, 06:23:00 AM »
Yo!

I find it very hard to make myself to change country actively. 1st thing is squad mates (even not many of em). I think it will not happen much.

If we like to strenghten underdog countries we can do it by perkies but not with the current perk planes.

If we lower the perk/non perk threshold i.e. change more planes/vehicles to cheap perk status then maybe it will work. Underdog country can get cheap perkies for free maybe.

For country change it need to be rather heavy advantage to make someone change.

One way can be also to force the 2 lowest number country to fite against the strong one. Maybe if one country have numbers that is greater than the combined 2 low ones, no killing or field capture can occur between the low number ones, hence they are forced to fite against the strong one.