Author Topic: Requested updates for AH  (Read 174 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Requested updates for AH
« on: March 13, 2001, 05:48:00 PM »
I was flying the AR-234 offline (Sure can't afford one online yet     ). I noticed something was missing. Hey HTC, how about taking the recip oil smoke effect, making it smaller in diameter and placing one at the Jet Nozzle of each engine. Those weren't clean burning engines back then ya know!    
Besides, if we see the dual contrails at a distance we will know whether or not to give chase.

Also, I was thinking, that 'Storm Front' cloud layer is so cool, and the way you model it looks great too (How it is sort of 'attached' to the horizontal gray sheet). Along those lines, could you just make the vertical walls (Horizon) all gray, all blue, or some sort of 50% trasparent compromise of the two? The way the sides sort of 'shift' around under it can be disconcerting. I like it none the less.

Along those same lines, could you use some sort of same effect for the water to simulate the waves, and therefore, sea state? Just curious on the last one. Thanks.

------------------
Sundog
VMF-111 Devildogs
MAG-33

'Criticism is always easier than craftmanship.'

[This message has been edited by Sundog (edited 03-13-2001).]

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Requested updates for AH
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2001, 05:54:00 PM »
Also, under those storm clouds shouldn't (or couldn't) there be some viscious winds.

F.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Requested updates for AH
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2001, 07:23:00 PM »
How about modeling the gray block to be a "almost" transparent gray. It would look like sheet rain from a thunder storm. Oh well just a thought.

------------------
"Little boy blue....cause he needed the money".....owwwww
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
Requested updates for AH
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2001, 07:55:00 PM »
Furious winds