Author Topic: Is this MA material?  (Read 409 times)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Is this MA material?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2001, 02:05:00 AM »
Nice work  :) ..then some comments:   ;)

Just by looking at the map picture.. there may be a problem with HQ placement. SW country cannot reach N HQ and N country cannot reach SE HQ. But SW HQ is quite easily attacked by both N and SE.

On the other hand it looks like N and SW have a very short common border which encourages them both to hit SE country.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
Is this MA material?
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2001, 02:42:00 AM »
small frontiers among country will cause NEVER ENDING FURBALL

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
Is this MA material?
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2001, 03:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by EagleC:
small frontiers among country will cause NEVER ENDING FURBALL

This map is a big frontier itself  :)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Is this MA material?
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2001, 05:31:00 AM »
I think it looks good and interesting.
Certainly neither too big or small, nice textures, nice layout, and more gv flexibility that we are often used to.
It deserves a chance IMHO in the MA, or as an alternate event, anyway that would be the only chance to try it out properly.
Nice work  ;)
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
Is this MA material?
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2001, 06:08:00 AM »
Originally posted by BlauK:
Nice work    :) ..then some comments:     ;)

Just by looking at the map picture.. there may be a problem with HQ placement. SW country cannot reach N HQ and N country cannot reach SE HQ. But SW HQ is quite easily attacked by both N and SE.

On the other hand it looks like N and SW have a very short common border which encourages them both to hit SE country.

AH!
The SW HQ is easier to hit by SE because the SW has the best borders from which to attack (IMHO). So I intentionaly place the HQ there. It gives the SE country a tactical means to help prevent a Gangbang. (BTW, it's not so hard to resupply HQs these days)
The short border between SW and North countries will be the most likely furball area.  This will also detract from the Gang Bang on the SE and give them time to make strategic hits.   :)

Question to all:
Would it help to have an island at 4,14,6 ?  Who should it belong to?

Viper

P.S. Angus, thanks for the nice comments!  :)

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Sky Viper ]

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Is this MA material?
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2001, 07:48:00 AM »
N country will never be reset.

The peninsula in Midano has, AFAIK, prevented the NW country on that map from ever being reset.  The N country here would be the same.

Peninsulas are too hard to advanve up because it forces one country to do all the work.  The country on the peninsula shortly ceases having two enemies as does the country that is not trying to push up the peninsula.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline RAS

• Copper Member
      • http://flyingaces.bizland.com/54sq/main.htm
Is this MA material?
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2001, 10:14:00 AM »
Punt....Viper doesn't have enough to do with moving around this time of year and looking for a new job where he is moving to and getting the family ready for Christmas and all....more comments please !!!!

:D

RASCAL

Oh....I like it, but I am biased.