Author Topic: NOE Mania!  (Read 214 times)

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
NOE Mania!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2002, 06:59:24 PM »
If you cant notice a BLINKING field you deserve to lose the base.

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
Re: NOE Mania!
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2002, 08:10:25 PM »
Originally posted by Virage
AK's perfected it.  Everyones copying it!

I think it is funny watching 30+ planes 'sneak' across the water.

This is not a rant btw, i like it in the game.  Just an observation.  I want to hear what others have to say about this change in the MA.

Nahhhh... Rooks were doing it before the AKs ;)  Usually, took the Bishop's A29 on the Baltic map and harassed the HQ :D

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
NOE Mania!
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2002, 11:17:24 PM »
I remember the Bish Typhoon NOE raid on our Rook base.

The frustration levels were high, since the numbers were B 70/K 25/R 30 or so.. and watching that raid got me thinking "damn, it sure pays to have more numbers than twice other countries.."..

But still, it was very cool to watch.. and the psychological shock of "oh great, there are 20 guys heading to this base NOE, and NONE noticed it!" hurt a lot!  :D  I was preparing to get up this certain base, went to the tower, pulled up the Clipboard and suddenly the bar dar goes up from zilch to max in 5 seconds... I say to myself "What in the world.." , look outside the tower and Voila! Dots suddenly rising up from ground level in a steep climb .. red icons marked "TYPH" starts popping out of the horizon.. I count them.. one.. two.. eighteen.. nineteen.. holy schmokes! ;)

It was one of the more frustrating-but-damn-fun experience I
had :D