Author Topic: WOW! Sum of All Fears after-movie review  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
WOW! Sum of All Fears after-movie review
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2002, 12:47:55 PM »
Ahhhh, the arrogance of the young...walks stiffly, believing in righteousness, believing himself "invincible", believing himself to be superior in everything he does...and then walks right out into the path of a 50 mph bus....splat.

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2002, 12:57:14 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Context?

Certainly you meant “Milieu” Dega.

Stravinsky, the apprentice to Rimsky-Korsakov, was the traditionalist, whose Symphony in E-flat  ( not to be confused with SOB’s corndog movement in B flat, sometimes refered in classical circles as simply “The Flurrrblap of the BUTTerfly) had the spirit, if not the very flesh, of the music of the Russian Nationalist school.

Your use of such meager and uninspired words Dega, do show clarity, simplicity, lucidity and moving to contrapuntal writing and serialism like Stravinsky’s music did in the neo-classical period.

But please use “The Enfant Terrible” stage, which evolved under the magnetising influence of Diaghilev. It’s of course beginning with The Fire-Bird and right through Petrouchka, The Rite of Spring, The Song of the Nightingale and Les Noces.

Most noticable by complicated rhythms, dissonanc, polytonality and severe melodies and thesaurus usage.

Sheesh.

rolf... I liked the Corndog movement part, but the rest permeated lack of clairty, simplicity, and lucidity. Not to mention incorrect usage of musical terms, and false information.
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2002, 01:02:45 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Ahhhh, the arrogance of the young...walks stiffly, believing in righteousness, believing himself "invincible", believing himself to be superior in everything he does...and then walks right out into the path of a 50 mph bus....splat.

. , . , . ,  . , . , ., , . ,. , ., ,., ., .,.,,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2002, 01:58:56 PM »
BTW I'll take that as a "Yes".

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2002, 02:00:45 PM »
"your imbecility seems to be pervading through your hands"

Hmmm at first I thought Nath had been replaced by Jesse Jackson.  Now I think it's Don KIng.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2002, 02:01:35 PM »
Does the Corndog Movement include the stick?  I understand SOB inhales them occasionally.

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2002, 04:05:38 PM »
:confused: :eek: :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :p :D :) :(
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2002, 11:31:56 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu
Just one question... You've heard SOB's corndog movement in B-flat (I've also heard it refered to as "load de corndog")?  You guys really should get a door on the FDB HQ bathroom (assuming that is what he was using at the time).

We were doing an experiment, recording the different notes I could hit after eating different kinds of corn dogs.

All beef were found to produce the lowest tones, while the Chili and the Jalepeno & Cheese varieties of the turkey corn dogs provided the broadest range.  The Pizza variety of the turkey corn dogs caused unpredictable (and catostophic) results, and unfortunately no real data could be obtained.

Next up - Quicky Mart Burritos:
Bean
Bean & Cheese
BBQ Beef

Should be a facinating experiment, and as productive as a conversation (or argument) with 'lil Nathy

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2002, 11:33:31 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup
Does the Corndog Movement include the stick?  I understand SOB inhales them occasionally.

Of course, but shortly thereafter, I mail these off to be re-used for corn dogs around the country.  If you're wondering why, look no further than the bellybutton penny!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!