Author Topic: News.  (Read 105 times)

Offline lasse

• Copper Member
      • Lassenet
News.
« on: September 06, 2002, 08:08:07 AM »
I miss some news from Hitech and company about the next release, it has been a while since the last info.

Yes I have read the interview on Wargamer, but he says very little about what there will be in 1.11

So how about some news ? Are there any news, or are HTC still working on 1.10 patches ?

Lasse (dies to know)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2002, 08:16:50 AM by lasse »
You smell that? Do you smell that?
Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, smelled like victory.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
News.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2002, 04:04:23 PM »
1.11 units:

Me163
Tiger (type unknown) ?

I'm hoping for two or three Japanese aircraft as well.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
News.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2002, 05:19:43 PM »
There will be a new "Mission Theater" arena where missions are generated and fly every hour, on the hour.   Really haven't heard detailed info about this proposal yet, but alot of people have expressed interest.   I expect it to draw more people away from the CT than it does the Main, but we will see...

Also, users will be able to customize planeskins.  Again, not much detailed info has been made available yet.

Like Karnak, I'm hoping for a serious effort to expand the Japanese planeset in v1.11.

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
News.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2002, 07:14:51 PM »
Originally posted by oboe

Also, users will be able to customize planeskins.  Again, not much detailed info has been made available yet.

Like Karnak, I'm hoping for a serious effort to expand the Japanese planeset in v1.11.

Customized skins will be coming when the new terrain editor is finished.  But it will only allow those skins the terrain builder puts in and won't allow you to make your own custom skin.

It would be really cool that if it would also be like AW's SAC program where it would allow you to make custom skins that were visable on your FE only, in case whoever makes the terrain doesn't add any custom skins.

Ack-Ack