Author Topic: In search of Janes F-15 pilots  (Read 216 times)

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
In search of Janes F-15 pilots
« on: September 16, 2002, 06:13:32 AM »
Was just curious to see who flew Janes F-15, specifically on the 714th VFTS F-15 ladder.

That was pretty much the start of my online flying experience. I was 'moose FS-257' there, and 10Bears was 'Bear1'

SirLoin I think was around then, IIRC

Some ramblings, maybe it'll jar some memories...

There was this kid in Florida who joined a squadron I made before I joined the 257th. He disappeared one day and I could never get in contact with him again. His callsign was Eel. Hmm.

One of the ladder admins died a couple years ago - anyone happen to remember Steve 'Blackmagic' Myers? Cancer I think. He was a member of the 718th Skyscrapers in New York. They meet regularly in person and also have lost I believe 3 squadron members in the last few years including Steve.

Goshawks flight AARs - he still kicks around. I joined the Haze in Warbirds to fly with him but he stopped flying after that. Maybe I should shoot him an email and get him into AH.

Coyote - best F-15 pilot ever. Always accused of being a cheater. Flew Aces High in beta if I recall. Maybe he goes under a different handle now --- Citabria?

The 613th 'Cold Warriors' squadron. Scam, Rotty (from here?), RedPeril, Strider, Fighter, OldDog, and Gordo. I couldnt stand some of them. Strider and Fighter were good guys though. Never knew Rotty then.

VMF-257 -> anyone from that squad in here? There is literally hundreds of 257th guys. Myself included. Too bad there hasnt been the same kind of jet sim since F4 and F-15 rolled through town.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Smut

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2002, 08:30:17 AM »
;)

-Smut

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2002, 08:33:59 AM »
Hehe Smut.  Don't think this Moose knows who you are. :)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2002, 09:04:54 AM »
The 714'th is still going!...Right now it's EAW 1 vs 1 ladder if you want to try and get a piece of Goosehawk.(good luck!)..:)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2002, 09:08:36 AM »
Oh pllllllllllllllllllllllleeeez e Ripsnore

Smut did the terrains, am I right?

edit - and f-15 was my baby -> i hated to hang her up, always hoped that skunkworks would make a sequel with mutiplayer co-op and two seat option :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2002, 09:13:35 AM by moose »
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2002, 09:16:42 AM »
Heh, I believe Smut did a lot more than the terrains, but that was one of his deals if I remember right.

I'd also bet I know somebody else who is a better F-15E pilot than "Coyote".  ;)

Oink!

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2002, 10:26:10 AM »
:D

Offline Smut

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2002, 10:47:39 AM »
Originally posted by Lephturn
Heh, I believe Smut did a lot more than the terrains, but that was one of his deals if I remember right.

I'd also bet I know somebody else who is a better F-15E pilot than "Coyote".  ;)

Oink!

I didn't build the world, but I did populate it...and spent a fair amount of time massaging the terrain features to match the real world.

Among other things...like design the avionics, write the sound script, cast/direct the sound recordings, design the campaigns, spec out the missions, work with the manual folks...and a bunch of other little stuff...:)

Ask Drex who he thinks the best F-15E pilot in AH is...:D

-Smut

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2002, 10:57:00 AM »
That sim was the 1st I played Online, Loved it still have it!
Too embarassed to shout my 1st online Handle though :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2002, 11:11:00 AM »
It is my best Avionics/Weapon simulator.
I still love it.

btw I hoped Jane's releases F-15C add-on. ;)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2002, 11:21:17 AM »
I found my CD and it wont work on Win2k

Sigh

Falcon 4 anyone?

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2002, 01:24:54 PM »
I can't imagine flying in an online arena with EAGL in a F15

Drex

Offline Smut

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2002, 01:34:57 PM »
Originally posted by Mitsu
btw I hoped Jane's releases F-15C add-on. ;)

Sorry Mitsu, but the EA Baltimore team that did F-15 and F/A-18 is long gone, scattered to the wind when EA shut us down a couple of years ago.

The Jane's Combat Simulation brand is now published by Xicat, and Xicat doesn't have any of the rights to the old EA titles.

-Smut

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2002, 02:17:20 PM »
Smut

Any way to make F-15 work under Windows 2000 ?

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2002, 02:29:56 PM »
LePaul I got it working under WinXP Pro not long ago and played it for a while; along with F/A-18. I got some great NOE flight time in both games and that was what I loved about flying in the F-15 game. You could get really low and fast and scream in over a target and cluster bomb the hell out of it and be gone before you had any enemy shooting at you. F/A-18 was a bit tougher for me since I never had any real luck evading SAMs and close in missle shots from Su-27s over Russia. I remember trying every tactic I could get my hands on from one of the "Flying Pigs" (Vila) and I could not get any of them right.

Both of those games were some of my favorite in flight sims and will always have a machine running them somewhere in the house. Even if I have to go scrounge up some old CPU motherboard combos to keep them flying. They will be on the same machine I am going to put X-Com: UFO Defense and Terror from the Deep on. That is going to be my "throwback" computer.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"