Author Topic: I'm having FUN!!!!  (Read 236 times)

Offline Fancy

• Copper Member
I'm having FUN!!!!
« on: September 21, 2002, 03:20:52 PM »
I don't know why I'm posting this, but thought maybe someone would care.

I've been having fun playing AH lately.  I've been playing for about 2 months and I have little to no experience with flight sims before this.  I've been trying out this and that and sucking at just about every plane in the hangar.  Not long ago, I discovered that (for one reason or another) I'm a decent pilot in a 190.  Last night I logged on, jumped into a 190A-8 for base attack (a62 I think).  I get a five kill sortie AND get to land it, which is unheard of for me.  Only 1 kill was a vulch.  

I replane and reup, and it turns out that the tides have turned a bit.  I'm still grabbing alt when I spot a 109, two ponys and a Spit in my 12.  One of the ponys was close and on the deck, so I swoop down and pop him like a zit but by this time the other three planes are closer.  I zoom up as high as I can and make a flopping turn to meet the cons again (hopefully with more E).  The 109 is pretty hot on me, we do a shotless merge, I dive, but he turns too well and I don't have enough of a speed advantage--he's on my 6.  I dive to the deck to extend to friendlies although they're a ways off.  The Spit and the other pony want back in on the action, so I have them all after me.

They're all slowly creeping up to me, so I know I have to do something fast.  I remember one guy advising me over range channel once about the 190s:  either keep them fast, or, in a pinch, slow em right down.  I can't go fast, so I chop throttle and engage in a barrel roll with elevators and a touch of rudder.  Not long after I hear zzzzzooooommmm.  The pony goes shooting past me.  It doesn't take to many 30mm rounds to make him regret his tactical mistake.  He becomes a fireball.  Apparently teaching by example is a lost art because not long after that the Spit goes careening over me as well.  I land a ping or two on him, but the 109 is too hot on me now to stay steady for a shot for long.  The Spit breaks off and runs (I presume because I didn't see him again) and I barrel roll at the edge of stall about 20 feet off the water.   The 109, however, is matching my speed and eventually wastes me, but I don't care.   He was a good pilot and deserved a well earned kill.

The 109 pilot was BigHog and I shot a salute to him over Ch1 and I love it.  These moments are what AH is truly about.  My second sortie was as fun as my first.  It's all about fun and tension and a lot of you lose sight of that.  This game is great as it provides a varied and rich world in which to pit your reflexes and skill against others.  The developers work hard to bring you a good honest game and I think we all need to stop and think about it from the ground up from time to time.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
I'm having FUN!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2002, 03:25:26 PM »
Fancy!  Damn nice story!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
I'm having FUN!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2002, 04:09:09 PM »
Pfft...fancy pants :).   nice story!

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
I'm having FUN!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2002, 04:13:02 PM »
WTG Fancy.... !!!! Your addicted now!! :)

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
I'm having FUN!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2002, 04:52:25 PM »

..and another is added to the fold.

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
I'm having FUN!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2002, 01:41:22 AM »
Originally posted by poopster

..and another is added to the fold.

...soon to rue the day he ever found out AH had a bulliten board.

Fancy. Welcome to the machine:D

Offline Elysian

• Nickel Member
I'm having FUN!!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2002, 02:52:31 AM »
Nice AAR and wtg on those overshoot kills .

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
I'm having FUN!!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2002, 05:05:51 AM »
It's always good to read how someone is enjoying this game, and makes a refreshing change from some of the whining posts.... WTG Fancy, glad to hear you are having fun!    :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
I'm having FUN!!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2002, 10:53:22 AM »
WTG Fancy!

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Re: I'm having FUN!!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2002, 11:10:10 AM »
Originally posted by Fancy

I've been having fun playing AH lately.  

Oh my Cod....he said the "F" word!!!

HTC are you gonna allow this type of vulgar language on a public message board?  This is an outrage!!?!?!  

:D

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
I'm having FUN!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2002, 11:54:35 AM »
PERK FANCY!!!

:D
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&