Author Topic: AH not detecting button presses  (Read 273 times)

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
AH not detecting button presses
« on: September 30, 2002, 12:14:23 AM »
For the last few days I've been having problems with AH not catching all of my JS (CH Products) button press events.  It doesn't seem to be the JS because:
1) In setup, it catches and displays the event 100% of the time.
2) It is not always the same button (it is hard for me to believe that the three buttons I use most on JS would all have problems at the same time)

It seems to me this must be some sort of packet loss issue.

Any other thoughts?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2002, 06:30:25 AM »
Button presses occur at the local client.  Is the stick a USB stick and do you have other USB devices?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2002, 09:18:35 AM »
It occurred to me on the way to work that the button presses would be client side.

Yeah, USB.  My setup is CH Products Fighter Stick USB , Pro Throttle USB and Pro Pedals USB.  

Are you thinking a reinstall of the drivers might be in order?

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2002, 01:29:38 PM »
Are you using the control manager?  If so, I recommend you try it with out it.  You'll also need to reconfig all the button presses.

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2002, 03:19:09 PM »
Nope, don't use control manager.  My theory being that the less SW between me and AH, the better. ;)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2002, 10:41:13 PM »
If the stick is USB recalibrate EVERY time you enter the arena.

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2002, 11:06:54 AM »
Oh, I already do that.  Sometimes I even need to recalibrate in mid-flight...

Again, this is new problem.  I've been playing AH for quite some time and this is first time I've run up against this.

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2002, 12:36:15 PM »
For anyone who is interested in the continuing saga of Me, my Combat Stick USB and AH...

- I'm unable to get the pinky switch or either fire button to fail in CH Setup or in the Win 98 Controller Setup.  

- All three buttons work for the first 5 minutes or so of AH online or offline play.

- I've tried removing the USB devices and rebuilding them, not help there.

- I've tried using the CH Control Manager to configure a single 6 axis 32 button controller.  Oddly, the CM can't seem to detect the button presses from the stick but does detect them from the throttle.  A clue I suspect.  Result in AH is the same.

- I've tried using the Control Manager to set up 3 separate devices.  Again, the CM can't detect the JS buttons.  Result is the same in AH.

- I've gone back to not using the CM at all.  Of course this take me right back to where I started from in the beginning.

- This stick has been in use for around 2 years with no trouble until a week ago.

So... Since the control manager is not seeing the button presses one would think it is a hardware problem... but since three button quit working all at once and Windows can see they it must be software related... but I haven't installing anything new and I did rebuild the USB drivers...

*sigh*