Author Topic: Problems  (Read 357 times)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Problems
« on: October 03, 2002, 05:04:23 PM »
I run windows XP pro. When I try to check terrain for errors, it locks up and crashes. Anyone else having this problem?
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Kind of the same
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2002, 10:00:23 PM »
XP Home Version 2002 SP 1 here...

and the problem is worse for me.  I simply start the editor, click on the zones tab and I get "ahedit.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."  blah blah blah

SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Problems
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2002, 10:38:08 PM »
Alpo... I think the problem is that you need to either open an existing terrain file, or create New from the menu. Do this before anything else. You can't just start working, and Save when you're done... you have to Save right off the bat.

I had this problem before Aurelius pointed this out to me. Hope that helps.

Sixpence... running XP Home here... no crashes, but I haven't used the Check command in a long time.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Problems
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2002, 04:59:19 AM »
thnx, i'll give it a try
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)