Author Topic: Hangtime...about the mission last night..  (Read 359 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Hangtime...about the mission last night..
« on: January 02, 2002, 07:44:00 AM »
Hangtime....I was on you're mission to A16 last night...first time I tried one and enjoyed it...thanks.

Question though....I went in and killed a C47 on the ground and then used my rockets and cannons to blast the hangars etc.  I stayed in the area until I was out of ammo - I did save some for the few fighters that appeared, but used that up quickly - but then rtb once I was out.   Should I have stayed?  When a pilot flies in a mission is it just the one flight, or did you guys continue to attack that base?  I just don't know what the etiquette is for these things..

Thanks, in any case, it was alot of fun being part of a large mission!  I'll join you guys anytime.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2002, 10:18:00 AM »
1) once you join a mission, you're in it until you die, so you can RTB and hot fuel (use the re-arm pads) as many times as you like.

2) Straffing. Straffing will actualy hurt your score *unless* you score it as an attack mission. Straffing is also problematic. Many peoploe will yell at you for straffing stuff such as fuel/ammo/drunks as they say (correctly) that should the capture sucseed, it will increase base down time. Personaly, I ignore them, and blow everything up, as most capture attempts fail anyway, and I get bored circling a base with ammo and no targets  :)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2002, 10:29:00 AM »
...and if you bring a resupply goon the base can be back up in a few minutes.  

Strafe everything.

F.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2002, 11:08:00 AM »
"...I'm sorry, I really did have a headache! -Love, Curval"

Sorry, it just read that way to me!  :D

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2002, 02:39:00 PM »
LOL!

Anybody here ever see a base thats been hit by the FDB's?? There usually ain't NOTHING left.. and if something regens, and we have no ammo we all usually auger into it. But thats just us FDB's.  ;)

In answer to the question, even if the field is wiped into oblivion, after the capture the survivors of the assault there can refuel and rearm from the pads and carry on to the next base attack. If the attack fails I usually switch onto another field with a fresh mission... I prefer to strike where the enemy is not waiting at alitude for the next wave after beating down the first wave.

Back in the good old days (before we wound up with all these guys that can't drop troops without video instructions) we could put 6-8 guys that knew their stuff together and slap down 6-8 fields in two hours. Don't get me wrong.. there are some very sharp new guys in the sim now, comming in from the other defuct or sub-standard games and they contribute a lot... but it just ain't the same as it used to be. No complaints.. just an observation.

Missions can be fun... or a freakin nightmare. All depends on who joins and if they have a clue as to what to kill and how to do it. Mission tasking is not hard... untill you get 4 guys in key slots that ask 2 min from target "How do I open the bomb bay doors??" Or "I'm not sure what an ack looks like.. how do i know it's an ack?"

Now, I realise not everybody has all the answers.. but while I'm flying inna mission I am NOT in a training frame of mind.  :)

Anyway, all who join; thanks again.. when they go right, they are fun; ain't they?? <S!>
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2002, 07:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Kieran:
"...I'm sorry, I really did have a headache! -Love, Curval"

Sorry, it just read that way to me!     :D

hehe

After re-reading my post I see now that it reads like a 12 year-old wanting to play with the older boys!

:o

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Curval ]
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2002, 10:59:00 AM »
Hangtime sucks.  He should be happy you even joined his stupid mission, the little napoleon.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2002, 04:12:00 PM »
I was. I am. I wanna be.

Put a mission up last night... 119 Bisholeos on line.

3 joined. That was after the two who were in another mission defected.

A new high.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2002, 04:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime:
I was. I am. I wanna be.

Put a mission up last night... 119 Bisholeos on line.

3 joined. That was after the two who were in another mission defected.

A new high.

;)

and you couldn't even get that one right!  :rolleyes: