Author Topic: Wouldnt it be better......  (Read 217 times)

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
Wouldnt it be better......
« on: October 27, 2002, 03:20:46 PM »
To have a full screen transparent map instead of the clumsy and often cluttered clipboard one??? with the larger terrains we are moving to,surely we need a more user friendly map? its the one reason I dont play when the Pizza map is on,I cant be bothered to zoom in the map and squint to read the situation,close the clipboard,only to have to reopen it and re-zoom it as it cant be locked on zoom.
Maybe if we had a full screen map the clipboard could be put to other uses,for example,a re-arm page when you are on the pad so you can choose and load up with new ordinance? maybe at the cost of perks?
 Anyone else feel same way?
Joc

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 03:53:36 PM »
That's strange, when I zoom in on the map, it stays zoomed in when I close and reopen it. Always has :confused:

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 04:18:52 PM »
try using insert / delete to zoom.........

Its all in the manual :)

you can also right click on the plus/minus buttons on the clipboard. It does the same as insert/delete.

You can also grab the map and drag it around inside the clipboard.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2002, 04:22:34 PM »
Still, a full screen translucent map would be cool, no?

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2002, 06:11:35 PM »
Hehehe,Ive been around long enuf to know how to work the map weird things is mine NEVER stays zoomed :( drives me nuts :/
 Still think a full screen map would be a major improvment though,the clipboard could be used for strategic info,your mission details for example if on one.I just think the terrains are/will start to outgrow the old mapboard.
Joc

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2002, 06:14:28 PM »
You can also enlarge and shrink the entire clipboard .

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2002, 07:12:25 PM »
Originally posted by Joc
Hehehe,Ive been around long enuf to know how to work the map weird things is mine NEVER stays zoomed :( drives me nuts :/

That's weird... mine stays zoomed and I can also zoom in and out even though the clipboard is down.

Originally posted by Joc
 Still think a full screen map would be a major improvment though,the clipboard could be used for strategic info,your mission details for example if on one.I just think the terrains are/will start to outgrow the old mapboard. [/B]

Perhaps the workaround for you at the moment is to make the clipboard itself bigger as SAMM says.  It can fill the entire screen... well, not on the sides though...

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2002, 08:04:46 PM »
the clipboard , radar, icon map should only be avaible in the tower, in the planes we should have to use paper maps and VFR navagation.

44MAG