Author Topic: Random Corner  (Read 134 times)

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Random Corner
« on: October 20, 2002, 08:03:06 PM »
I have noticed that it seems like we end up in the same corner of the map on each rotation.  Maybe it would work better to replace the random placement with a progressive placement.  This way we can play each of the areas equally.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Random Corner
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002, 04:13:37 PM »
The country placement IS random, it just seems less random at times.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Random Corner
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2002, 11:15:51 PM »
IMO it'd be better if it werent random.

Every map(except akdesert) has a best corner, a worst corner, and a neutral corner.

The country that won the last map should get the worst corner, and the country that got reset should get the best corner.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Random Corner
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 11:50:55 PM »
Does that not beg the question on whether there SHOULD be a best, worst, or neutral corner?

I'm not being sarcastic.  It's a legitimate question.  It’s a LOT harder to design a truly balanced initial condition arena for three team to fit on a square map while utilizing the maximum volume of area.  It is assumed by HTC that such initial parity is an optimum configuration.

If we need not be constrained by such parameters, design issues become much easier to deal with.

Would the arena be ok with a “shit corner” as long as the team in the bucket rotates?

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Random Corner
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2002, 12:30:35 AM »
I like Innominate's suggestion.

J_A_B

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
Random Corner
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2002, 12:54:41 AM »
IMHO...

A map does not have to be completely balanced.  I like the Mindanao Map and one can hardly say that it is balanced but I still have lots of fun with it.

On Innominate's suggestion, I like it but, I would have it the other way around.  The team that resets the map gets the worst position in the next.  That would avoid one team to get bigger than the other.

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Random Corner
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2002, 05:39:23 PM »
I don't mind the unbalanced maps, but it would be nice to rotate through each side of the map.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
Random Corner
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2002, 04:34:50 PM »
I agree with FDutchmn. Either that or use a rotation so things are even. To me that would be fairest.