Author Topic: Sudden Death!!!!!!!!!  (Read 179 times)

Offline FortyDog

• Copper Member
Sudden Death!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 19, 2002, 02:05:42 AM »
On my last two flights tonight I was killed with no planes around me.  The text said you're dead with no one credited my kill.  The first flight I was over base 17.  I had 8 kills and was climbing away from the base when there was a quick one ping sound and I was in the tower.  There was no one around me.  My next flight I flew to 14.  On the way there I spotted a low (13k) p40n and killed him.  I climbed to 19-20k with no one near me then same quick one ping and i'm in tower.  Says I was killed and no one credited with the kill.  What's going on?  This is the first time this has happened since I've been flying (2yrs).  I have AMD 850mhz G-Force II 64mb and 256mb of ram.  Computer is running fine.  HELP!!!!!!!

40DogMAW
CO Marine Air Wing - Headquarters

If you want it done right, call the MAW

Offline spiffykraits

• Copper Member
      • http://home.clara.net/spiff
Sudden Death!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 05:27:42 AM »
You get any indication on the Chan1 text buffer from the host?

I've killed aircraft climbing away from a field in a field gun (with tracers off). Mystifies them. :) They ask where the hell I was! :rolleyes:

Could be second similiar (tracers off) if they sneaked up below and behind you - best not to ever fly straight and level, or on auto climb unless no red blocks at all are showing in the sector. Roll the aircraft occasionally to check below and behind, as well as above.
I've been caught that way too many times, as I have caught others.

:D