Author Topic: Will fly straight and level for share of $100!----->  (Read 480 times)

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Will fly straight and level for share of $100!----->
« on: December 02, 2002, 11:39:39 PM »
If I have no business partners, I have no choice but to take out a 2nd account for $15 and make a tidy $85 profit monthly.

*The views of this Raub do not necessarily reflect the views of RaubCo Inc, or any of its subsidiaries.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 11:52:31 PM »
lol... fly?  just up and sit there.. and keep re upping :p

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2002, 11:59:29 PM »
Methinks RaubCo will soon be filing for bankruptcy if they give away all of their great ideas like this...

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 12:27:48 AM »
Originally posted by Blue Mako
Methinks RaubCo will soon be filing for bankruptcy if they give away all of their great ideas like this...

methinks MA will become a competition to see who can get the most vulches of thier second accounts.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2002, 08:51:22 AM »
O.. I like a lot of your posts but this take it... blech

(stupid capitalization)

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 09:37:12 AM »
Originally posted by Oedipus
lol Raub.  :)

But me thinks some of you people seriously believe HTC to be rEaLlY sToOpItTd and won't have fail safes in place to make sure the contest isn't gamed so easily.

I mean if you folks (in this topic and several others) could think up all these different ideas to rig the contest (all in one day!)  I bet the folks behind the curtain thought up more (and the means to prevent them)  during the longer time they've had to develop it.

Oed

I doubt it. The scoring system is porked as it is. What "fail safes" could they have in place to prevent cheating.

I'll have my wife open an account under her name and I'll just vulch her all day in fighters.

The next day, I'll vulch her all day in a Panzer

The next day, I'll vulch her all day in a Boston

I should have a tidy 50 kills per hour in each catagory by month end, not to mention a hefty K/D and hit% and K/S and all those other catagories that go into the rank system.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 10:10:55 AM »
As this or behavior like it has allready existed in the MA I doubt that they would detect it.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 11:03:41 AM »
If you see a lone FDB not flying for bish, DO NOT BE ALARMED, he will not be a spy.

He will only be helping to earn a little beer money.

F.

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2002, 11:16:26 AM »
Originally posted by Oedipus
Well 2nd and 3rd accounts on the same CC probably will raise a flag and even if a 'cash cow' account is on a new CC with a new email have you ever taken part in an AH scenario? The behavior you just wrote of would be obvious in a split second to anyone (or a program) scanning the host log.  

Who said anything about the Same Credit Card? I've got two, my brother has one, my mother does too.

I could use PC anywhere to control by brother's PC and my mother's CC could be used to open the account.

Hell, for that matter, I could set up 30 different accounts on a two-week free trial through my company's Email addresses and multiple IP addresses. I could have a whole squadron of planes start on a spawn point just before I release a 1000 lb bomb.

Sure HTC could fix the scoring system, but they haven't yet, and the contest is already started.

Bottom line is, the scoring system is porked and there are far too many ways to cheat or game-the-game to win this contest. I persanally think it was a bad move on HTC's part to start such a contest.

A contest like this would be great for scenarios, where the enviroment is much more controlled. The MA is just a big free-for-all, and the exploiters will be exploiting every trick they know.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2002, 11:22:24 AM »
As someone who has no hope of making the cut - the contest has no effect on me anyway.  It is cheap publicity as surely will spark some threads on other messages boards etc etc.   And , as suggested, people open muliple accounts for the month - heck they might more than pay for the promotion :)

edit to add:  Now if they would adjust scoring based on skill level or plane type used - that might make things more interesting contest or no contest.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2002, 11:24:59 AM by Turbot »

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2002, 12:52:22 PM »
$85/month profit.

RaubCo just needs to fly for approx. 980 years and he will be a millionaire.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2002, 01:16:11 PM »
Originally posted by Midnight
I doubt it. The scoring system is porked as it is. What "fail safes" could they have in place to prevent cheating.

I'll have my wife open an account under her name and I'll just vulch her all day in fighters.

The next day, I'll vulch her all day in a Panzer

The next day, I'll vulch her all day in a Boston

I should have a tidy 50 kills per hour in each catagory by month end, not to mention a hefty K/D and hit% and K/S and all those other catagories that go into the rank system.

All this effort for a measley $100 bucks, ya right. You and wife would probably spend 100 hours each to pull this off. Total payoff 50cents/ hour.

OTOH, there might be poor bastards out there stupid enough to try this. Of coarse, being stupid might be why they are so poor.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2002, 05:51:08 PM »
I am also willing to repeatedly spawn a PT boat just offshore of a shore battery.