Author Topic: How's this plinkin' pattern?  (Read 1211 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
How's this plinkin' pattern?
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2002, 08:29:05 AM »
hblair.. that is a beautiful range.. It makes me recall what we are losing in California.    I am a decent shot but most of the people I know shoot about the same.. I may be a tiny bit better than some at longer ranges tho.   At the range I like to shoot at the 50 yard line when I'm not with others.   I have allways shot wheelguns tho and they tend to shoot a little tighter at the longer ranges.  (yeah I know... some of you have gee whiz accurized autos that will group 1" at 25 yards... but how well at 50 or 100? ... 200?)   And hblair... I gotta wear glasses to shoot now.

I think you are showing good sense with your son.  the gun is very safe IMO.   I also think that it is best to allow kids to handle firearms under supervision since it helps satisfy their natural curiosity.  

I guess I just don't get it..  I can understand a government being afraid of firearms... I can even understand some women being afraid of firearms.. but anyone else?   sheesh... What's the world coming to?
lazs

Offline Barney Fife

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2002, 09:05:07 AM »
The best part about that pic is that the gun barrel is facing right at the kid!  I know it's probably empty, but still freaks me out.  :eek:

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2002, 09:21:39 AM »
Yeah barn, I had just fired the last round and had counted ten shots. The slide came all the way back telling she was empty, but still the pic does look sacrey. But hey dude I've seen you on TV handling your piece. It's a wonder you haven't blasted somebody by now. ;)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2002, 09:25:52 AM »
I didn't used to be interested in guns at all lazs, but going to the range and shooting is pretty fun, it's helped me to become comfortable with my gun and all. Good idea about buying a .22 to teach the boys with. Lazs, you'd make a good southerner. It's time for you to move man. :)