Author Topic: CV Suggestion ,Please note HTC crew  (Read 253 times)

Offline rickod

• Copper Member
CV Suggestion ,Please note HTC crew
« on: May 02, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
I am probably not the only person this has happened to but it really ticks me off
when I take the time to plot a course and drive a cv for an hour or more into a position just to have somone who has more time on during a tour to take it away and steer it somewhere else /or to take it from you because somone is typing turn the cv turn the cv while yer plotting a turn already .

it makes it hard for new people as well as people who dont spend 60+ hours a month on to enjoy driving the cv

what I suggest is a pop up requesting permission for player such and such to take control of cv

if the requester is denied once,
 he is locked out from requesting again or it just doesnt pop up from him on cv drivers screen again for 5 minutes kinda like muting a player

this would allow cv driver to finish plotting course  or explain where he is goin and why before somone who thinks he is Halsey reincarnated snatches control.

alot of the time im gunning from cv and driving  
I wont go into how hard it is to gun when somone starts a zig-zag with turns every minute

I can forsee a problem with somone intentionally not giving up control of cv so
I would also have it so if the same person requested 3 times waiting 5 minutes each time he got it on the third try anyways
  still a potential for abuse tho  

thats my 2 cents fwiw  

------------------
Skrbrofr

CO Hells Angels
3rd squad A.V.G

eskimo

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2001, 06:11:00 PM »
Often when people say that the CV needs to be turned, it is about to get three tons of bombs dumped onto it from a buff.

Whenever I take the CV I usually do not keep command, so that anyone can turn it if they see the need.  Sometimes I keep it when someone steers it where it will be of little use.

Sometimes others have different ideas of where the ships should go.  The people who have the most experience, are usually the ones who recognize when and where the CV can be best utilized.

Often new folks send a CV towards a raging battle that is 100 miles away, not realizing that it will take 2.5 hours for it to get there.

eskimo

Offline rickod

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2001, 10:10:00 AM »
true some bonehead will always steer the ship for a battle that wont be there when he gets there
but its his dime to waste isnt it

------------------
Skrbrofr

CO Hells Angels
3rd squad A.V.G